We help companies develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces
Sales Account Executive
OpenSesame helps develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces. With the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers, we are here to help you every step of the way, from finding courses, mapping them to your core competencies, syncing them with your LMS to increasing utilization and improving your L&D programs. Not only will you have the flexibility of multiple purchasing options from OpenSesame, you’ll find it simple to use and administer your elearning courses. To learn more, visit www.opensesame.com/about.
About the team
The OpenSesame Sales organization is committed to making our customers successful and helping our prospects realize their company learning and development objectives. We are a team, and we act like one. We collaborate, share best practices and root for each other to succeed. OpenSesame is growing at 50% Year over Year, and our customer’s needs are as well. That means that our own skills and development must match that rate of growth.
What makes our Sales organization unique...
- OpenSesame invests in our professional & personal growth.
- We are a group of lifelong learners, striving to make our prospects lives easier through world class learning solutions.
- We look for ways to help our prospects be as successful as they can be, knowing that will make us successful.
- We run our own businesses, in the context of an open and honest team-oriented environment.
- We do the right thing, especially when it’s hard.
- We help develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces by clearly communicating the value of OpenSesame to our prospects and outlining solutions with their success in mind.
- Fearlessly prospect to drive new business (Hunter) - You are closing new logo business
- Partner with Customer Success team to establish relationships with current account contacts, ensure smooth transition of closed deals
- Fearlessly network within customer accounts to identify opportunities and navigate throughout the organization
- Qualify leads, convert to opportunities and close deals for new business
- Leverage internal resources to help accelerate sales process or mitigate risk
- Ensure sales processes and documentation are accurate and timely for transparency throughout the account team
- Collaborate with Marketing by providing feedback and input on customer marketing campaigns
- 3-5 years successful sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to guide the sales process
- Demonstrated experience prospecting into new accounts and territories
- Exceptional telephone presence and manner
- Impressive written skills (grammar counts)
- Strong networking skills and avid risk-taking
- Driven to excel
- Flexible and resilient
- Desire and ability to advance in organization
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work as a team player in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Expert Salesforce.com documentation skills
- Strong work ethic (punctuality, professionalism, pride and desire for success)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- Metric / activity focused sales process
- Demonstrated prospecting skills
- Organization in sales process
- Ability to navigate change
- Territory Management
- Customer service
- Closing skills
- Territory management
- Prospecting skills
- Product knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Client relationships
- Motivation for sales
- Drive to succeed and over-achieve
- Optimistic and enthusiastic
- Competitive: hardwired to win
- Confident: believe that they will win
- Relentless: never give up believing
- Thirsty for knowledge: welcome feedback and coaching, invest in themselves by reading, listening to podcasts, etc
- Systemic and efficient: near-robotic and systematical efficiency
- Adaptive and flexible: situational awareness
OpenSesame at a glance
OpenSesame focuses on Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Education, Marketplaces, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenSesame has raised $49M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.