We help companies develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces
Senior Product Manager
As Product Manager, you will work directly with customers, prospects, and internal teams to define and evolve the OpenSesame platform. You possess a blend of business and technical savvy: a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment and love working with a great technology team.
The Product Manager has a bias towards action and a keen understanding of how our customers work, think and buy. At the Product Manager level, candidates must have both a proven track record shipping enterprise products and a desire to be very hands-on in driving amazing new product capabilities.
Role Specific Job Duties
- Understand market needs, think strategically, and drive product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the product domain, in collaboration with business stakeholders and engineering.
- Cultivate customer empathy and develop deep insights into customer needs and how our products can help them achieve desired business outcomes
- Own end-to-end feature delivery, including conducting discovery research, honing user experience through designs and prototypes, authoring designs, creating and prioritizing user stories, and working closely with the development team.
- Track technology trends and validate product requirements and specifications in collaboration with colleagues, lead customers and channel partners.
- Develop market and competitive expertise to assist in outbound product positioning and inform internal development priorities
- Assist product marketing with core positioning and messaging for the product
- Work closely with internal customers to successfully launch new features, ensuring that sales & CSM, marketing, support and partner teams have what they need to be successful
- Measure product performance after a new feature is implemented.
- Analyze and report on the performance of features in production, reflecting on successes and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- Help identify and establish key technology partnerships
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in enterprise SaaS platforms.
- Ability to think like a CEO to drive the success of your product area
- Leadership through influence rather than organization structures. Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with cross-functional product development teams and manage interactions across product areas
- Demonstrated success defining and shipping amazing products in an iterative manner, with a hands-on willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated business requirements, as well as using qualitative and quantitative data effectively to inform product direction and prioritization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as functional / technical deep dives
- Fantastic problem solving abilities, analytical horsepower, and attention to detail
- Passion for the market and opportunity OpenSesame is pursuing
OpenSesame at a glance
OpenSesame focuses on Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Education, Marketplaces, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenSesame has raised $49M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.