We help companies develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces
Bridge the Gap with Coursica
- Coursica helps you progress your career in business-related sectors
- Keep learning while you take a year off college
- Free, industry specific courses to strengthen your position in the job market
Through our Coursica program, OpenSesame provides students and recent grads with a program designed to help launch their career! Open to applicants in October, Coursica aims to provide students taking a gap year the opportunity to continue to learn the valuable work ready skills not taught in school.
Who is OpenSesame?
Our vision is that everyone can easily access the training they need to advance their purpose. With the most comprehensive catalog of elearning courses from the world’s top publishers, we are here to help companies every step of the way. But we don’t just care about companies and their workforces, we are committed to our vision in many other ways, from encouraging our employees to continuously learn to providing access to tech careers to highschoolers and college students through our internship programs.
With many universities going fully remote, students may be considering taking a gap year. There will be far less opportunity to meet new friends, have new experiences, and to live in a dorm. In addition, many universities are not reducing their fees and tuition rates, meaning students are getting less value for their money. This means a gap year is attractive to students wanting to find more economical ways to learn and grow. OpenSesame has online courses that develop productive and admired workforces and is partnering with companies looking for skilled business-ready interns. Today's students are looking to advance their purpose by strengthening their skills. Enter Coursica.
Curated courses for direct results
- Our courses are created & curated to help you progress in your career.
Learn from industry leaders
- Get focused knowledge from the leaders in your industry and stay ahead of your peers.
- Get access to paid internship opportunities with OpenSesame’s network of partners (coming in 2021).
The Coursica Virtualship
Part 1: Study
- 100 Hours of curated content teaching you the skills you need to succeed in a future career.
- Access to an advisory board
- Learning opportunities throughout the program
Part 2: Work/Study (coming in 2021)
To be considered for part 2, you must have been accepted and completed the training requirements in part 1 and apply to be placed at a company for part 2.
- Continue to learn with access to over 7500 online courses
- Apply to be placed at a company for a paid virtualship
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your information below and be sure to include a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Please include your LinkedIn if you have one, what year / what school you attend as well as answer one or more of the following questions:
- Why is continued learning important to you?
- How would this program help you succeed in your career?
- What are some of your main career goals? 1 year / 5 years / 10 years
At OpenSesame, we help companies worldwide train their amazingly diverse workforces. We understand how different perspectives are vital to the success of a company. At OpenSesame, we are committed to inclusion across race, gender, religion, age, and identity. We hold ourselves accountable to create more diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities through continuous learning, personal growth, and working to support each other and our customers. Driven by our people. Strengthened by our differences.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OpenSesame at a glance
OpenSesame focuses on Enterprise Software, E-Commerce, Education, Marketplaces, and Corporate Training. Their company has offices in Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenSesame has raised $49M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2019.