The most future-proof financial software suite for instant distribution and unmatched security
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. We are growing rapidly and looking for talented people to join our diverse team.
Our vision is to modernize and democratize app development and distribution in the finance space. We’re enabling the financial desktop to have a simple and intuitive experience that is more like our phones, and we’re enabling developers to distribute their apps to end-users without the traditional barriers that have hampered innovation in the finance space. If you’re someone who loves working with the latest technologies and passionate about changing the way people work, OpenFin is the ideal place for you to shine.
OpenFin provides an operating environment that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on top of Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to build, deploy, and run more than 1200 mission-critical apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
This is a brand new role on a growing product team building the operating system for finance. We are seeking a talented Product Designer to help shape the best possible experience for our users through our entire consumer-facing journey. You will be a strong voice for our customers, thinking about their experience holistically.You enjoy creating rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems and are comfortable using data to make informed design decisions and to test hypotheses.
This role will report to our new Head of Design.
As a Product Designer you will:
Be part of our Distill, Discover, Sprint, Analyze design process, shipping regular features that our users really want. We’ll need you to:
- Help build innovative new products and redesign and improve old ones. You can zoom out to think about overall UX, or zoom in to create clean and simple beautiful components.
- Make all of our experiences fit together: develop new models to evolve our customer’s understanding of OpenFin.
- Be collaborative and positive, comfortable with regular crits that support constructive feedback in a safe environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the people that use our product, the problems they face with the current state of the world. Never make a decision before first checking with the customer.
- Understand how to balance design aesthetics with intuitive functionality and development requirements.
- Work with your fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to make sure they are always thinking about the right things by regularly delivering actionable findings and recommendations.
- Be collaborative and comfortable with regular crits that support constructive feedback in a safe environment.
- Be curious, open to changing your mind, and above all be kind, fun, and generous!
A few things about you:
- 2-3+ years experience within a Product Design role working on technical products.
- Your designs drive business value.
- Well versed in UX and UI best practices, mobile-first, and responsive design.
- You use Figma for design or Framer for prototyping - but mostly you know your tool like the back of your hand, whatever tool that is.
- Design systems are a regular part of your day and aren’t anything to get excited about.
- Keen understanding of typography, iconography, color theory, and layouts.
- Brand and agency experience a major bonus.
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance plus FSAs
401(k) and Equity Options
Generous PTO policy
Snacks and beer
Stocked kitchen and beer on tap
Free Annual CitiBike Membership
A highly collaborative development process that values both team players and independent learners
Team lunches, events, and happy hours
Offsite team building
Experienced, dedicated, and hands-on managers
OpenFin at a glance
OpenFin focuses on SaaS, Finance, Application Platforms, Web Browsers, and Web Development. Their company has offices in New York City, New York, and London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OpenFin has raised $22M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2017.