A new way to get an offer on your home fast!
Data Scientist - Seller
About Opendoor: Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Role:As a data scientist for Seller, you will partner with Product, Design, Engineering, and Marketing to optimize our seller offerings and products to educate homeowners on whether to sell directly to Opendoor or move into their next home while they list with us. You will also help us increase cross-sell opportunities by identifying homeowners who are looking to buy or finance. By exciting our users, you can drive massive growth in our business and the lifetime value of our customers.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Define metrics to understand the quality of our product, design and marketing decisions
- Identify opportunities to improve the product and communication experience for sellers
- Design experiments to determine how to optimize conversion
- Prototype models to segment and make recommendations to customers
- Develop data products to differentiate our value propositionBecome a domain expert in real estate and consumer behavior
We are looking for teammates who have:
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in SQL and numerical programming in Python or R
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of experimental design and product analytics
Bonus Points if:
- You have experience in growth analytics and customer lifetime value
- You love creating awareness of products that delight customers
- You are committed to iteratively driving results and becoming better every day
- You are obsessed with customers and making something people want
- You are excited to join a radically transparent team and celebrate our successes together
- You are propelled forward by working on hard data science problems
- You are interested in how to make the best decisions under uncertainty
Medical, dental and vision is 100% covered for employees. One Medical membership for all employees, plus speciality family planning programs like Carrot, Cleo, Milk Stork, & Ginger.
Save for tomorrow
Select our Pre-tax or Roth 401k plans to save towards retirement.
3 month parental leave
You shouldn’t have to choose between your family and your job. We offer flexible work hours, along with paid parental leave.
When we say take some time off, we mean it. Most of our team take at least 20 days off per year to decompress and be their best.
Dog-friendly office in some locations
Get up to $1500 a year to invest in your career growth.
Opendoor at a glance
Opendoor focuses on Real Estate, E-Commerce, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas, and Raleigh. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Opendoor has raised $2.18B of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.