A new way to get an offer on your home fast!
Senior Data Scientist - Marketing
About Opendoor: Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served nearly 78,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
The Role:As a senior data scientist for marketing, you will partner with Product, Marketing, and Engineering to identify homeowners that are looking to sell, buy, or refi and craft a message that will resonate with their individual circumstances. You will also help us to optimize the allocation of our marketing budget across channels and our bids for impressions within them. By efficiently acquiring customers, you can drive massive growth in our business and bottom line.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Refine attribution logic to measure the effectiveness of our marketing spend
- Identify opportunities to improve our lead score models and bid strategies
- Design experiments to understand incrementality and fee elasticity
- Explore new data sources for event-driven marketing and outbound sales
- Develop strategies to use marketing to drive interest in our homes
- Become a domain expert in real estate and performance marketing
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years of experienceComfort writing SQL queries
- Facility with Python or R
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of bid optimization and experimental design
Bonus points if:
- You are an expert in recommender systems, image tagging, or customer lifetime value
- You love delighting customers with seamless and automagical products
- You are committed to iteratively driving results and becoming better every day
- You are obsessed with customers and making something people want
- You are excited to join a radically transparent team and celebrate our successes together
- You are propelled forward by working on hard data science problems
- You are interested in how to make the best decisions under uncertainty
Medical, dental and vision is 100% covered for employees. One Medical membership for all employees, plus speciality family planning programs like Carrot, Cleo, Milk Stork, & Ginger.
Save for tomorrow
Select our Pre-tax or Roth 401k plans to save towards retirement.
3 month parental leave
You shouldn’t have to choose between your family and your job. We offer flexible work hours, along with paid parental leave.
When we say take some time off, we mean it. Most of our team take at least 20 days off per year to decompress and be their best.
Dog-friendly office in some locations
Get up to $1500 a year to invest in your career growth.
Opendoor at a glance
Opendoor focuses on Real Estate, E-Commerce, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas, and Raleigh. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Opendoor has raised $2.18B of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.