A new way to get an offer on your home fast!
Senior Data Scientist - Homes
About Opendoor: Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
The Role:As a senior data scientist for homes, you will partner with Product, Engineering, and Operations to decide what repairs we should do before listing our homes, if we should renovate them to maximize their resale value, and what vendors to use to minimize cost while maintaining quality. You will also help us improve the self-tour experience so we can continue to attract independent buyers. By efficiently managing our homes, you can drive massive growth in our business and create a foundation for launching new products.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Define metrics to understand the cost and quality of home repairs
- Identify opportunities to improve our models and policies for preventing incidents
- Design experiments to determine when renovation has a positive return on investment
- Develop strategies to capture data on buyer preferences
- Launch products like home personalization for buyers and maintenance for homeowners
- Become a domain expert in real estate and construction management
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years of experience
- Comfort writing SQL queries
- Facility with Python or R
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of causal inference and Bayesian statistics
Bonus points if:
- You have experience in operational excellence, fraud detection, or signal processing
- You love delighting customers with seamless and meticulous products
- You are committed to iteratively driving results and becoming better every day
- You are obsessed with customers and making something people want
- You are excited to join a radically transparent team and celebrate our successes together
- You are propelled forward by working on hard data science problems
- You are interested in how to make the best decisions under uncertainty
Medical, dental and vision is 100% covered for employees. One Medical membership for all employees, plus speciality family planning programs like Carrot, Cleo, Milk Stork, & Ginger.
Save for tomorrow
Select our Pre-tax or Roth 401k plans to save towards retirement.
3 month parental leave
You shouldn’t have to choose between your family and your job. We offer flexible work hours, along with paid parental leave.
When we say take some time off, we mean it. Most of our team take at least 20 days off per year to decompress and be their best.
Dog-friendly office in some locations
Get up to $1500 a year to invest in your career growth.
Opendoor at a glance
Opendoor focuses on Real Estate, E-Commerce, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, Dallas, Las Vegas, and Raleigh. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Opendoor has raised $2.18B of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2019.