Discovering and enacting the path to safe artificial general intelligence
Strategic Finance Lead
OpenAI’s Finance team is responsible for ensuring the organization is set up for long-term success in pursuit of its mission. As a Strategic Finance Lead, you will directly contribute to this initiative by owning all aspects of our financial models, analyzing and recommending strategic investments, and providing senior management and the Board with actionable insight into the state of our operations. This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Your responsibilities include
- Building and maintaining OpenAI’s operating model and budget
- Preparing materials for our Board of Directors
- Analyzing, recommending, and overseeing large strategic projects and investments
- Supporting fundraising processes and managing relationships with investors
- Leading negotiations with key vendors and partners
- Assisting in financial diligence for potential acquisition targets, as needed
- Interfacing with technical team leads to understand and implement strategic priorities
- Working with OpenAI’s Controllership to analyze deviations in budgeted versus actual results
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or similar from a top university
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking or consulting
- Exceptionally strong analytical, financial modeling, and presentation skills
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
You might enjoy this role if
- You’re an owner. You take extreme accountability of projects from day one and approach them creatively and energetically. You take deadlines seriously and are organized. You’re reliable and trustworthy.
- You’re highly analytical. Your attention to detail is impeccable, but you know when and where to simplify complex concepts. You’re tenacious and naturally want to get to the right answer. You’re a lifelong learner.
- You’re strategic. You think on multi-year timescales and can translate that mode of thinking to your day-to-day decision making. You’re comfortable evaluating large investments.
- You’re a team player. You’re a strong communicator who can explain complex topics with ease, in any format. You intuitively understand the importance of keeping everyone in the loop, and you take proactive measures to do so. You’re intellectually honest.
- You’re passionate about technology and artificial intelligence.
We’re building safe Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), and ensuring it leads to a good outcome for humans. We believe that unreasonably great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks per year)
Flexible work hours
Lunch and dinner each day