Platform for Energy Demand Flexibility
Product Specialist$75k – $90k • 0.1% – 0.15%
Recurve is seeking motivated candidates for the role of Product Specialist. Strong candidates will offer a combination of technical skills (knowledge of or experience with SQL, Python, and statistical concepts like linear regression models), as well as broad training in business, with a particular focus on structured finance and energy markets. Familiarity with concepts of customer development and solution selling will be looked upon favorably.
You will be working directly with Recurve CTO McGee Young on the development of strategic opportunities and initiatives, supporting business development efforts, and helping to develop materials for current and future Recurve customers that describe Recurve’s product offerings.
Current initiatives include:
- Development of data privacy tools (using differential privacy) for the purposes of allowing more widespread access to energy consumption data without violating individual privacy protections (2nd year of 3 year Department of Energy contract)
- Development of methods for utilizing non-participant energy consumption to estimate the effects of disruptive exogenous events on the energy consumption of energy program participants. Recurve is leading a national working group to develop comparison group selection methods (also with DOE funding).
- Development of Recurve platform-based markets for energy efficiency, demand flexibility, and electrification. Recurve is working with select pilot partners to build performance-based energy markets that promise to cost-effectively scale demand side energy programs that allow utilities to meet decarbonization goals.
- Business development support - you will join all of McGee Young’s meetings with active or potential clients. You will have primary responsibility for memorializing (in notes to be shared with the team) the important substance of these calls as well as action items and follow ups required. You will help develop client and strategy-specific planning documents that serve as a point of reference for the rest of the team. You will help keep the CRM current with any new information that emerges from current or potential clients.
- You will support Recurve’s strategic initiatives by participating in all active working group sessions, becoming familiar with the technical components of ongoing and future research and development, and contributing through your own research and analysis to the development of future opportunities. In particular, Recurve is interested in evaluating business opportunities to grow its Marketplace platform. You will be asked to contribute to the development of financial analysis that will underpin these efforts.
- While your primary responsibility will be to support business development, Recurve works as a team and you will likely interact with and collaborate with other team members as part of your daily work. Developing a broad familiarity with all aspects of Recurve’s technical and operational functions will help you be more successful within your primary role.
The following skills are important for success in the role:
- Solid writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to understand and help develop analytical solutions for our clients and our industry
- Attention to detail
Recurve has an inclusive culture, encouraging different perspectives, and individual empowerment and accountability. You will be expected to build on our strong culture:
- Hypothesis-driven: comfortable experimenting, making mistakes, and learning from them
- Ability to think creatively and excel in a fluid environment
- A passion for our mission
- Ability to work well within a diverse and distributed team
- Self-motivated and able to stay professionally connected while working remotely
- A desire to contribute to our culture in your own unique way
Recurve is dedicated to solving clean energy grid challenges to meet our climate goals. Our company is building the platform that will unlock the flow of capital into demand-side energy resources that will be critical in this endeavor, including energy efficiency, electrification, and demand response. Founded in 2015, our customers include some of the largest utilities in the country, such as PG&E in California and Con Edison in New York, as well as leading implementers, such as ICF and CLEAResult. We have raised multiple rounds of funding, have ample runway, and have a strong relationship with our board, ensuring continued access to capital.
Recurve is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.