The world's most advanced last mile delivery management platform
User Experience Designer$90k – $140k • 0.01% – 0.08%
Do you love getting to the bottom of a problem? Are you passionate about evaluating and communicating user need? We are looking to expand our design team at Onfleet with a UX guru, that has an emphasis on user research!
Note: Titles (senior, lead, principal) and remote availability will be dependent on candidate aptitude and experience.
We're building an industry-leading platform for local delivery: logistics/backend, real-time operations dashboard, analytics, route optimization, driver tracking, and communications.
Thousands of businesses around the world trust Onfleet to power hundreds of thousands of deliveries every single day. Our customers, which include brands like Imperfect Foods, Capsule, Alto, and Gap, span a variety of industries from grocery and prepared meals to pharmacy, laundry, and retail.
We build tools and features aimed at solving practical problems around local delivery with an eye toward simplicity, efficiency, and automation. We're looking for like-minded people who believe in the power of simple, intuitive products and who are excited to grow with our team.
We graduated from Stanford’s StartX accelerator program several years ago, and are now headquartered in San Francisco. Most of our team is based here, but we have remote team members around the globe in Europe, Canada and Argentina. We have raised $5m in funding from amazing investors including CrunchFund, Winklevoss Capital, Haystack Fund, Stanford-StartX Fund, Gil Penchina, Tom Fallows, Andy Rachleff, and Lee Linden. Onfleet ranked #13 on San Francisco Business Times “Fast 100” list of the fastest-growing private companies in the Bay Area in 2019, and ranks #124 nationwide in 2019’s Inc. 5000.
Design at Onfleet
While Design at Onfleet has been a lean and mean machine consisting of one product designer that wears multiple hats, the company as a whole is a part of the design process. We greatly value simple, intuitive design and continuously strive to better the experience, effectiveness, efficiency, and look of the solutions we provide. Design has been a key part of Onfleet since our founding, with our very first hire being a designer. Onfleet is a close-knit company that values communication, transparency, ownership and openness...working seamlessly together in addition to enjoying each other’s company, ideas, and contributions.
What you will do
- Own, collect, evaluate, educate, and disseminate user needs within the company
- Work with all internal departments as well as directly with users to gather feedback for evaluation to provide transparent recommendations on proposed solutions, or to propose novel solutions
- Create flows and low fidelity solutions and mockups
- Help determine the value of different concepts across many departments and applications
- Find and evaluate opportunities for research to improve a product decision or customer experience
- Lead the research process from designing the study, recruiting, and supporting the team making research-related decisions
- Analyze and communicate qualitative data to generate tactical and strategic insights, as well as actionable recommendations that drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- 4+ years of experience with Product organizations, conducting qualitative & quantitative research studies, including usability/user testing, surveys, and user interviews
- Undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field OR comparable UX research experience
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization
- Willingness to take initiative, run with projects, and speak up when support and guidance is needed
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Nice to have’s
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Design thinking methods and facilitation
- Visual communication and information design
- Accessibility standards and compliance (e.g. WCAG, 508, etc.)
- Experience/familiarity with collaboration tools, workplace dynamics, decision-making topics
- Experience working on distributed teams
Benefits + Perks
- Generous employee stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance/disability benefits
- Flexible vacation policy and “Work from home Wednesdays”
- Stipend for gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Learning & Development stipend
- Weekly catered lunch, snacks, and coffee in our centrally located office at Market & 3rd Street
- Macbook Pro (or equivalent), display, keyboard, mouse and accessories
- Quarterly team-building events and yearly Lake Tahoe trip
Think you're a good fit?
Submit your portfolio, LinkedIn profile, and a brief statement describing your value to Onfleet and perspective on the last-mile delivery industry.
Onfleet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet your team
Health, dental and vision insurance
100% of employee and 50% of dependent healthcare covered.
Generous employee stock options
Work from home wednesdays!
We work from home on Wednesdays and offer flexible remote work policies.
Catered lunch on tuesdays
While we watch a TED Talk (TEDTalk Tuesdays!) and discuss topics ranging from implications of AI and gene editing to mental health and the wage gap.
Monthly stipend for gym membership
Monthly stipend for commuting to work
Annual stipend for learning and development
$1,000 per year to spend on any growth and learning opportunities, whether it be yoga certification, Python, cooking or DJ lessons.
Annual tahoe trip!
We go skiing in Tahoe all together in the winter and also do another company retreat during the summer (Napa, Santa Cruz, etc)
Onfleet at a glance
Onfleet focuses on SaaS, Marketplaces, Logistics, and Local Commerce. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Onfleet has raised $4.92M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.