The World's Most Widely Used Push Messaging Platform
Business Operations & Strategy
1+ million mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications, in-app messages, and emails. We started as a YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. Our customers can design banners, pop-ups, and interstitials without a single line of code.
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder, a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 8 billion push notifications every single day.
In the last year, OneSignal has grown revenue by 500%, added 250,000+ new accounts, and with just ~60 employees. We have raised a total of $34M from investors including SignalFire, Y Combinator, and Rakuten Ventures. OneSignal customers include Volkswagen, Verizon, Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and many more. Join us in scaling the business!
High growth companies tend to change as they grow and the role of business operations is to anticipate the growth and to set things up so the company can scale quickly or to fill important gaps in the business as they arise. The role will span many areas and is an individual contributor role.
What you'll do:
- Take on special strategic projects to incrementally grow our business as well as evaluate and implement strategy around potential growth areas for our business
- Assist with board slides, management materials, investor materials, and potential acquisitions
- Track and select business KPIs to analyze how our business is doing and to raise issues and solutions as needed
- Work on our international expansion strategy including setting up additional offices abroad
- Evaluate our pricing to optimize adoption and revenue and conducting pricing analysis and assist in developing our pricing strategy
- Automate and set up processes across the business in particular so that there are organized data flows
- Ability to query data and build dashboards and conduct analysis for different departments
- Assist with new technical integrations of software platforms across our the business
Skills and experience:
- Technically inclined with modeling skills in Excel, ability work with SQL, knowledge of python or R preferred
- A passion for operations particularly with respect to Saas businesses is a plus
- Ability to structure complex problems and drive solutions cross-functionally in sales, marketing, finance, product, and operations
- Detail oriented and a humble personality that is willing to work on both strategic and tactical projects
- Experience in business operations, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, consulting, start-ups is a plus but not required
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.
100% of health and dental insurance premiums paid for.
Unlimited vacation policy with 3 week recommendation.
Healthy catered lunch & dinner options every day.
Fun events like chocolate making, bike rides, game nights, and two company off-sites per year.
No meeting wednesday
We don't schedule internal meetings on Wednesdays.
Choice of workstation
Choose your own hardware and operating system.
OneSignal at a glance
OneSignal focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Advertising Platforms, Apps, and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in New York City and San Mateo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OneSignal has raised $34.47M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.