The World's Most Widely Used Push Messaging Platform
OneSignal is looking for a Product Designer to help design the UX of our messaging platform used by 1 million app developers, and our mobile app experiences that reach billions of devices. We're looking for a team member with attention to detail and who understands design is equal parts form and function. You will work closely with engineering, product and other areas of the business to help make our product more intuitive and delightful to use.
We are looking for someone who puts our users first and is able to articulate their design decisions. We want people that have a ‘ship it’ mentality and have a passion for always measuring and learning. We want people who care about building easy to use products and have a savvy for using data to make better design decisions.
You’ll join our small Design team. We’re a nimble group that spans user research, user experience, prototyping, visual design, brand design, design systems and UI development. We sketch a lot. We prototype a lot. We talk to users to validate our work. We run cross functional workshops to influence design thinking across the company.
- Work directly on the UI and UX of our web and mobile products
- Work with product managers and engineers to explore the problem space and solutions
- Develop user flows, wireframes and other assets to help facilitate product discovery
- Design high fidelity mockups and prototypes for new features
- Provide and solicit feedback from cross-functional stakeholders
- Work closely with the engineering team to deliver a quality product
- Observe current user behavior and propose design suggestions to improve UX
- Conduct various types of UX research including both qualitative and quantitative
- Work with design and engineering to implement and evolve our design system
- Build empathy and understanding of our users and how to empower them
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Intuitive mind for good user experience
- Ability to analyze, optimize, and simplify workflows
- Effectively communicate with other team members
- Experience designing for both responsive web and mobile
- Relevant understanding of best practices and trends in UI/UX design
- Obsessive attention to pixels
- Portfolio of past work showcasing your process
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Sketch (we use Figma)
- Familiar with building and thinking in design systems
- Understand technical requirements and aspects of modern apps
- Demonstrated ability to design and define user experiences from blank sheets of paper to shipped solution
- (BONUS) Experience writing HTML/CSS
- Flexible work hours with WFH/no-meeting Wednesdays
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Commuter benefits — fund your train, bus, Uber and Lyft rides
- Your choice of work station and equipment
- 401K Plan
- Office & home gym reimbursement
OneSignal’s vision is to power the world’s messages. Our customer engagement platform enables our users to compose and send messages via mobile push, web push, in-app and email.
The company is growing quickly both in terms of revenue and employees. It’s a great time to join because we’re still early - we’ve raised a total of $35M from investors including SignalFire and Rakuten Ventures (Yahoo) and despite our early stage, we have massive market penetration.
1 million+ mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications. We started as a Y Combinator-backed game developer. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. It took off like wildfire. Now we help businesses send 7 Billion push notifications every single day.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.
100% of health and dental insurance premiums paid for.
Unlimited vacation policy with 3 week recommendation.
Healthy catered lunch & dinner options every day.
Fun events like chocolate making, bike rides, game nights, and two company off-sites per year.
No meeting wednesday
We don't schedule internal meetings on Wednesdays.
Choice of workstation
Choose your own hardware and operating system.
OneSignal at a glance
OneSignal focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Advertising Platforms, Apps, and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in New York City and San Mateo. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, OneSignal has raised $34.47M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.