The World's Most Widely Used Push Messaging Platform
Product Marketing Manager
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder, a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 5 billion push notifications every single day.
In the last year OneSignal has grown revenue by 500%, added 250,000+ new accounts, and doubled its headcount. We have raised a total of $34M from investors including SignalFire, Y Combinator, and Rakuten Ventures. OneSignal customers include Volkswagen, Verizon, Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and many more. Join us in scaling the business!
We’re seeking a Product Marketing Manager to be our first product marketing hire and be part of our growing product management team. OneSignal powers more than 5 billion messages a day for a community of 900,000 marketers and developers. In this role you will help catalyze sign-ups, product adoption, feature usage, and revenue growth by helping people understand and see the benefit of using the market-leading engagement software. We’re looking for someone who has the experience to analyze data on their own, create engaging content, translate product specs to buyers and sales teams, distill customer requests into the product roadmap; help us communicate to both marketers and technical audiences, and work across company functions to get stuff done.
What you'll do
- Maintaining and executing an overall product marketing strategy for OneSignal
- Querying data on feature usage to understand where customers would benefit from more guidance
- Meeting with customers, our sales team, and our product team to keep a pulse on customer needs and translate these into actionable suggestions for product, sales, and leadership
- Owning product launches and collaborating with design, product, and sales teams
- Owning and delivering compelling and crisp messaging to drive OneSignal’s go-to-market strategy
- Continuously fine-tuning our competitive insights and owning market customer insights and win-loss reports to help shape product decisions
- Setting a strategic direction for OneSignal’s position in the market using competitor, industry, and customer analysis to define a positioning strategy that makes OneSignal win our customer for the long-term
Skills and Experience
- Have 5+ years experience in product management and/or product marketing roles at an early stage SaaS, Mobile, developer-tool company or a scaled successful technology company
- Have strong data analytics (SQL, statistics) skills to understand cohorts and drive interventions that help users through different stages: simple sign-up, onboarding, feature adoption, upsell, etc.
- Have the ability to get hands-on with our product and have experience launching SaaS products & features
- Have a solid understanding of online content across websites, blogs, and social media
- Get excited about developing an understanding of our customers and market in order to help OneSignal prioritize marketing efforts and product launches
- Have experience working with product and sales teams to successful launch & grow product and product feature adoption
- Are highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Have excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with insane attention to detail
- Consider yourself a storyteller with the ability to explain complicated topics clearly and simply and use data to target the right people and the right time with the right message
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.
100% of health and dental insurance premiums paid for.
Unlimited vacation policy with 3 week recommendation.
Healthy catered lunch & dinner options every day.
Fun events like chocolate making, bike rides, game nights, and two company off-sites per year.
No meeting wednesday
We don't schedule internal meetings on Wednesdays.
Choice of workstation
Choose your own hardware and operating system.
OneSignal at a glance
OneSignal focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Advertising Platforms, Apps, and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in New York City and San Mateo. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, OneSignal has raised $34.47M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.