The World's Most Widely Used Push Messaging Platform
Full Stack Software Engineer
We’re seeking an experienced Full Stack software engineer to assist in the development of improvements to OneSignal’s dashboard and API.
Every day, thousands of clients visit our website and dashboard, and thousands more use our API. Our clients love what we’ve built so far and we can’t wait to make it even better.
Your responsibilities will include working closely with a product designer and our clients to help build and own new features and improve our existing ones. You will primarily program in Ruby on Rails, Typescript, and React. You will also contribute to improving OneSignal’s API and bare-metal infrastructure alongside our backend development team.
Skills and experience:
- Get excited about the idea of joining a small but fast growing startup.
- Enjoy rapid iteration. We ship code multiple times per day.
- Have at least 2 years of prior experience in roles that include front-end and back-end development at a small or mid-sized business.
- Know Ruby on Rails, Django, or similar MVC framework.
- Experience writing complex queries with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Have worked in an environment where developers have written tests and shared ownership of code.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with Webpack, Redux, CSS grid
- Know Ruby on Rails or similar MVC framework.
- Experience building and integrating REST API's.
- Have experience writing queries with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.
100% of health and dental insurance premiums paid for.
Unlimited vacation policy with 3 week recommendation.
Healthy catered lunch & dinner options every day.
Fun events like chocolate making, bike rides, game nights, and two company off-sites per year.
No meeting wednesday
We don't schedule internal meetings on Wednesdays.
Choice of workstation
Choose your own hardware and operating system.
OneSignal at a glance
OneSignal focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Advertising Platforms, Apps, and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in New York City and San Mateo. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, OneSignal has raised $34.47M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.