The World's Most Widely Used Push Messaging Platform
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder, a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 8 billion push notifications every single day.
In the last year, OneSignal has grown revenue by 500%, added 250,000+ new accounts, and doubled its headcount. We have raised a total of $34M from investors including SignalFire, Y Combinator, and Rakuten Ventures. OneSignal customers include Volkswagen, Verizon, Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and many more.
Join us in scaling the business! OneSignal is seeking an experienced Revenue Accountant to drive the billing, collection, and revenue recognition processes. This is a crucial role that will oversee all things revenue in a fast paced rapidly growing company and reports directly to the VP of Finance. This role provides significant growth as you will get to participate in a number of project-based initiatives such as product launches and continuing to build out our financial information systems.
What you'll do:
- Prepare monthly revenue entries and revenue related account reconciliations
- Analyze and review signed contracts for proper invoicing and revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP
- Partner with engineering and product teams on new product launches to build scalable billing and revenue recognition processes
- Work on automation projects to improve the speed and efficiency of the monthly revenue close
- Manage a high volume of cash inflow through different methods: ACH, Wires, Credit Cards and ChecksReview and prepare a high volume of invoices monthly
- Review aging reports daily for any vendors past standard pay terms and drive collection efforts
- Assist in financial reporting during the month-end close process
- Perform variance analysis against the sales forecast
Skills and experience:
- 1+ Years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Month-end close experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Self-motivated, deadline driven and results oriented; a problem solver with strong teamwork skills and a strong desire to drive changeStrong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience using Recurly, NetSuite, Salesforce, and Stripe
- SaaS Accounting Experience
- Public Accounting Experience
- Familiar with credit card processing for online sales
- Proven track record to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.
100% of health and dental insurance premiums paid for.
Unlimited vacation policy with 3 week recommendation.
Healthy catered lunch & dinner options every day.
Fun events like chocolate making, bike rides, game nights, and two company off-sites per year.
No meeting wednesday
We don't schedule internal meetings on Wednesdays.
Choice of workstation
Choose your own hardware and operating system.
OneSignal at a glance
OneSignal focuses on Mobile, Enterprise Software, Advertising Platforms, Apps, and Developer Tools. Their company has offices in New York City and San Mateo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, OneSignal has raised $34.47M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019.