A benevolent AI company that provides trusted insights to emergency responders
Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Ops
One Concern is a Menlo Park-based benevolent artificial intelligence company with a mission to save lives and livelihoods before, during, and after disasters. Founded at Stanford University, One Concern enables cities, corporations and citizens to embrace a disaster-free future, through AI-enabled technology, policy, and finance. By combining data science and natural phenomena science we are pursuing a vision for planetary-scale resilience, where everyone lives in a safe, equitable, and sustainable world. One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for passionate, motivated, and high-reaching engineers to join our team.
As our DevOps Staff Engineer, you will work within the Cloud Ops team at One Concern to ensure the highest availability, traceability and security of our SaaS platform. You will be responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of our cloud computing environments. Along with ensuring through automation that our systems are monitored appropriately. Being able to manage complex distributed systems at scale is a must.
- Perform on-call SRE duties and assist in diagnosis and resolution of issues with our cloud services
- Provisioning, securing and scaling of production infrastructure and micro-services using Google Cloud Platform
- Design and implementation of tools to automate deployment, provisioning, monitoring and backup of environments
- Deploy micro-services in Kubernetes clusters in staging, development and production environments and streamlining dev-deploy workflow
- Work with Dev teams to implement CI workflows in CircleCI
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve
- Perform their role in an ethical and responsible manner
- Minimum B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years experience- Startup experience is a plus
- Scripting languages - Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
- RDBMS experience - PostgreSQL
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud and/or Azure
- Automation and deployment - Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, CircleCI, GitHub, etc
- Logging, monitoring, alerting and performance debugging - Datadog
- Linux system administration
- Experience creating CI/CD environments to accelerate software development lifecycle
- Strong security, networking, and compliance experience
Perks and Benefits
- Market-competitive salary plus equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO policy
- Team off-sites
- Flexible working hours
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
To keep the team strong and healthy, One Concern covers medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums for them.
Market-competitive salary plus equity
We offers competitive compensation packages and significant equity stakes. Own the work you do.
Generous pto policy
The team is at its best when we're rested and energized. We do not have a strict vacation policy.
Daily lunches, and fully-stocked kitchen
Here’s what we bring to the table: a fully stocked kitchen. Plus, free team lunch daily, catered by the best local choices.
Awesome office & location
Modern open floor plan in Menlo Park, right near the Caltrain station. Commuter benefits are also available.
Flexible working hours
We know some people are morning people and some are night owls - work when you are most productive.
One Concern at a glance
One Concern focuses on SaaS, Information Technology, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Governments. Their company has offices in Palo Alto and Menlo Park. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, One Concern has raised $22.6M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2017.