Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Understanding (NLU) Scientist/Engineer for fast-growing Artificial Intelligence company in Vienna€40k – €60k
Be part of the Artificial Intelligence evolution
ONDEWO is an award-winning Austrian high-tech company in Vienna. Our vision is to create the artificial intelligence (AI) operating system for human <> machine communication of the future with the motivation to make machines more intelligent to help humans better. ONDEWO is becoming the leader for automating phone calls in German and German-based dialects. With our in-house developed AI algorithms for Speech-2-Text, Natural Language Processing & Understanding, conversation automation and Text-2-Speech we automate thousands of phone calls simultaneously.
Working at ONDEWO is fast-paced, challenging and fun with highly-intelligent, motivated colleagues. We work in a flat hierarchy environment and come from all over Europe. We received many awards, do interesting research projects, international customers, a fancy office in 7th district next to Mariahilfer Straße, and super smart people, motivated to change the way people interact with machines.
As NLP/NLU Scientist/Engineer your primary focus will be the development of cutting edge machine learning and deep learning algorithms for our highly scalable and performant Conversational AI platform. Our mission is to enable machines to engage with humans in natural conversations (e.g., robots, voice assistants, chatbots, cars and IOT devices). You will do applied research and develop new ways for improving text classification.
Are you ready to shape the future of machine-human communication and interaction? Then you are the right person for our team!
- Work on machine learning and data science projects on the cutting-edge of technology
- Analyze large behavioral user data sets from our international clients, come up with new data models and implement concepts and algorithms in Python and TensorFlow
- Build, train, evaluate, benchmark and tune machine learning and deep learning models
- Be part of a cross functional team to work on continuous improvement of our systems with innovative technologies and research techniques
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies, evaluate new tools and learn new techniques
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code - we love to “type” everything, hence “typings”
- Participate in design, code and architecture reviews and coach other team members
- University degree (MS/PHD) in computer science, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, data science or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Python natural language processing and Text Classification with a data science technology stack (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, NLTK, Spacy, Pandas, numpy, Jupyter, Pandas, XGBoost, TextBlob)
- Proven proficiency in NLP, NLU and Text Classification techniques and algorithms such as
- Feature engineering (e.g., TF-IDF, NLP-based features, word embeddings, topic models, and word, n-gram, and character level features)
- Algorithms and models from classical machine learning (e.g. Support Vector Machine, Bagging Models, Boosting Models) and deep learning (e.g., CNN, LSTM, GRU, Bidirectional RNN)
- Techniques for tuning models (e.g., text cleaning, hyperparameter search, ensemble methods such as bagging, stacking and boosting, hierarchical classification)
- Passion for natural language processing (NLP) and understanding (NLU) related machine learning models and techniques
- Loves working with cutting-edge technologies, research techniques and algorithms
- Passion and interest to learn and apply reinforcement learning
- Strong team player, eager to learn and get things done mindset, and great to work with
- English fluency, both written and verbally (fluency in German or another language is a plus)
Fully covered by state insurance
Employee stock options for high-performing employees
25 vacation days and additionally around 12 public holidays in austria
Public holidays in Austria https://www.edarabia.com/austria/public-holidays/ . Austria has one of the most public holidays in the world :-)