Lego for data product makers
Senior Software Engineer
Omniscience is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to build and scale our machine learning platform and deliver solutions to customers.
At Omniscience, we build software that will transform the insurance industry through automation and intelligence. We are a Machine Learning first company, building business systems from the ground up based on a broad range of AI and traditional technologies including Deep Learning, traditional Machine Learning, NLP, and Distributed Systems. As a software engineer you will embrace the challenge of making machine learning systems intuitive and effective for our users.
You are a generalist who loves working on a variety of software and contributes across multiple areas. This is an opportunity to work with machine learning pipelines, large scale data processing, distributed systems & algorithms that are deployed in the cloud to solve real world problems. You are smart, self-directed, and passionate about technology. You love learning and take pride in your ability to resolve ambiguity. You love new technology and understand the benefits of time tested tools. Above all you are an enjoy working with smart people, helping them do more than they ever imagined, and building software that will transform an industry.
- Build platforms, services and applications that power Machine Learning systems.
- Design and build high quality code and systems that are scalable, secure, maintainable, extensible, and resilient.
- Ship production level code to customers. Rapidly explore new ideas via prototypes and demo systems.
- Partner with product managers, designers, data scientists, and other software engineers to deeply understand the needs of users and develop solutions that meet those needs.
- Promote new or improved technologies that meet current and future needs.
- Lead and Mentor junior engineers.
- Be a key member of an agile team and with rapid iterations and continual improvement of product and process.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience developing production software in Java, Python and/or Scala.
- Experience developing and consuming internal and external API's.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases, Message Brokers, OAuth/JWT.
- Experience with AWS (EMR, EC2, S3, RDS, SageMaker)and other cloud providers, Terraform, Docker & Kubernetes, and a DevOps mindset.
- Experience reviewing and improving code to ensure quality and to share knowledge.
- Experience designing and implementing code and systems that are scalable, secure, maintainable, extensible, and resilient.
- Exposure to Machine Learning, TensorFlow, Keras, Computer Vision, OpenCV, Distributed Computing, or Data Science (or the desire to learn) is a plus.
- Experience with Machine Learning Pipelines or Spark is a plus.
- Experience with Web or Mobile User Interfaces/SDK's is a plus.
- Highly motivated with strong communication skills.