Lego for data product makers
Customer Success Engineer - Asia/Japan
This is an opportunity to be the first one at Omniscience! Customer Success Engineers at Omniscience will serve as the trusted technical advisors for our customers. Ability to work with Japanese customers in the Japanese language is a primary requirement for this job.
This role will provide Post-Sales, technical customer support for our customers in Japan. The person in this role can be located in Japan or elsewhere in Asia. This includes implementation and configuration of the Omniscience technologies on behalf of the customer. It also includes monitoring and first line support for these customers.
At Omniscience we work on some of the most complex AI and distributed computation technologies on behalf of our customers. These deliver business value to the customer through a variety of methods including web services, system integrations and mobile SDKs and apps.
This will involve teaching the product to new users while building a clear understanding of their business problem. A Customer Success Engineer must be capable of technical discussions with data scientists and engineers, and to then deliver the value of Omniscience in business discussions with different customer representatives including company executives, IT and business users. The goal is to enable our customers to become successful and enthusiastic Omniscience champions. This engineer will also be working with 3rd party channel partners that closely work with the customer and Omniscience.
A Customer Success Engineer has a role to play internally as well. This position is dynamic and highly cross-functional. Armed with key customer insight and knowledge, a Customer Success Engineer must regularly work with the sales, product, engineering, support, and marketing teams to help build the best technology. Sharing feedback with product management for improvements based on customer and partner feedback will also be critical.
This CSE will also have a secondary role as an internal DevOps engineer with responsibilities that will span across customers. A strong ability to administer and manage AWS setups will be key. This will be a lower priority compared to the primary external-facing work with the customers.
Our preference is a full-time role but we will consider candidates looking for part-time options.
- Solid client and or partner facing experience in Customer Success or Support role
- Working knowledge of the Japanese language in order to work well with our Japanese customers
- Ability to work mostly during the business hours in the Japan
- If remote, this engineer will be required to travel to Japan often
- Significant experience in supporting commercial software products hosted on AWS
- Knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services platform (AWS)
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- Ability to support SDKs being used by software developers employed by the customer - customers use mobile SDKs, mobile and web apps as well as web APIs to access our products