Payment for Everyone
Partner Engineer$33k – $36k
Operating across Southeast-Asia and Japan, Omise is one of the largest digital payment services providers in Thailand. Our payment solution is simple to set-up and works seamlessly across multiple devices. We connect and maintain relationships with processors and acquirers, letting our merchants focus on building great products.
Why we need you
Omise Payment is hiring a Partner Engineer to join our international Engineering Team in our spacious & friendly offices in Bangkok. You’ll work within our Payments Channels Team, creating solutions for payment APIs and channel integrations.
We’re continuously expanding our payment solutions to support new payment channels. As a Partner Engineer, you’ll support the Engineering Team to coordinate between internal Omise teams, and external payment and development partners, to create reliable, scalable and well-designed payment integration solutions. In short, you’ll be both coding and engaging with multiple business partners.
If you have a strong passion for both engineering and fintech, the Partner Engineer position offers a unique role that will utilize both your entrepreneurial spirit and engineering skill.
What you will be doing
- Work with our strategic partners to integrate the Omise platform with multiple payment channels.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Omise Payments’ platforms and technology. And of Payment channels.
- Understand how data and money flow within the payments ecosystem, and their related processes.
- Design and implement integration channels between Omise and external systems.
- Investigate, analyze and improve existing payment channels.
- Take ownership of internal and external project partners and 3rd parties, fostering positive and collaborative working relationships.
- Work with Omise’s internal Engineering team to improve the current system architecture, supporting payment channels with various API integration interfaces. You
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software development.
- Possess empathetic and solution focused communication skills, tuned for both internal teams and international partners.
- Able to self-manage, quality oriented, adaptable, well-organized, able to understand business requirements, strong interpersonal skills to work across functions and our multi-nationality Bangkok Engineering teams.
- Solid grounding in Agile but able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic and fast paced coding-pair based development process.
- Good attention to detail, ability to “connect the dots” and can demonstrate good analytical skills.
- Sharp, tenacious and collaborative troubleshooting skills.
- Can write concise and clear documentation.
- Interested and open to learning new skills and technologies.
- Comfortable working with English speaking colleagues (verbal and written).
- For non-Thai national applicants, we require a minimum bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science. And 2 years work experience. Good to have
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Go.
- Experience gained within fintech or a finance related business.
- Experience with well-known finance communication protocols, such as ISO 8583.
Our development involves several technologies, including Ruby on Rails, Go and Elixir. We do not specifically require a strong background in these languages. But we would like to assess your aptitude towards learning new technologies during the selection process. So first-time coders in these languages are welcome to apply for this role.
Full Job Description: https://omise.breezy.hr/p/ecc5d96beb2c-partner-engineer
Group Insurance for IPD/OPD and Social Security
Work from home policy
Maximum 3 days per week
Annual leaves 15 days/ year + National Holiday 13-15 days/year
free snacks and drinks
Pet friendly office
Omise Co. Ltd., at a glance
Omise Co. Ltd., focuses on Payments, Mobile Payments, Finance Technology, and Payment Systems. Their company has offices in Tokyo and Bangkok. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Omise Co. Ltd., has raised $20.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2016.