Secure identity management
Software Engineer, Salesforce Platform (Senior, Staff) (Remote Eligible)
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about writing the tools to integrate and build Okta’s enterprise applications and business solutions. You will share our passion for test-driven development, continuous integration and automation to produce frequent high-quality releases.
Our engineering team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to be part of a company that is changing the enterprise engineering landscape.
You will get an opportunity to scale our business solutions to the next generation; enabling Okta to be the most efficient, scalable, and best-run company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be part of the team that builds, maintains, and improves our enterprise business solution and their integrations, inside and outside of Salesforce platform. Your internal customers span across all of Okta.
- Scripting, tools-building, and automation are paramount to Okta Engineering; everybody automates. You will be creating and coding tools for internal use to support high velocity.
- You will be working side-by-side with your internal customers directly, releasing frequently, and getting instant feedback.
- Collaborate with peers and stakeholders to create new tools/process/technology. We use the latest technology from AWS and you can experiment, recommend, and implement new technologies in our enterprise application space.
- Work with internal customers to roll-out projects and process, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years hands-on Salesforce development building reliable, secure, scalable solutions
- Developing scalable, efficient Apex triggers/handlers.
- Designing complex synchronous and asynchronous processes with robust retry and error handling.
- Building rich user experiences with custom Lightning components.
- Delivering secure solutions that leverage native Salesforce.com mechanisms to protect sensitive data.
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines.
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Experience developing in enterprise applications such as Salesforce, CPQ, Workday, Netsuite, Coupa, Concur, FinancialForce, and Anaplan a plus.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Frequent catered lunch in some offices
Okta at a glance
Okta focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Security, and CRM. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Okta has raised $229.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2015 at a valuation of $1.175B.