Secure identity management
Director of Customer Success Strategy and Operations (Chicago, IL)(Remote, Eligible)
The Director of Customer Success Strategy and Operations manages all functions related to Renewals and Customer Success Managers within the Okta Customer First team. These include planning, reporting, goal setting, business process optimization, forecasting, pipeline management as well as other KPIs required to manage the business.
This role will partner with the SVP of Customer Success and Growth to play a critical role in scaling the Customer Success organization to develop and implement business processes that drive efficiency, scalability, and performance improvement. Reporting to the Director, Global Customer First Strategy & Operations, the role will also work directly with Accounting, FP&A, Business Systems, Data & Analytics, Legal and Deal Desk to ensure initiatives are prioritized within the cross functional organizations.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Own all aspects of strategy and operations for the Customer Success and Growth org
- Drive Quarterly and Yearly planning process in partnership with Customer First Leadership, FP&A and Sales team - this includes target setting, capacity planning, compensation structure, coverage modeling
- Partner with Leadership on managing revenue forecasting, retention and KPI reporting, communicating where we are at all time relative to our goals
- Present state of the business at quarterly QBRs – build out executive level presentations that provide the state of the business supported by data
- Manage the team’s yearly priorities using the company framework – working with owners to roll up a monthly status, highlighting ongoing progress, dependencies, and blockers
- Develop insights into our customer health so we can detect early signals of at-risk renewals and identify upsell opportunities
- Manage customer distribution and capacity planning across all segments to ensure the best possible experience for our customers
- Maximize usage of all tools used by the Customer Success Manager and Renewals teams
- Improve processes related to the renewals motion - renewals risk, upsell, cross sell, adoption, churn
- Deep dive into our data to identify key strategic insights to improve our business
- Drive new initiatives for productivity and scale (i.e auto-renewals)
- Challenge policies and procedures that complicate quote, order, invoice, credit, commissions, and revenue processing and formulate solutions based on that analysis
- Build strong relationships with functional organizations that enable renewals and adoption (i.e Sales, Services, Sales Operations, IT, Finance)
- Manage a team of business operations resources of various level.
- Be hands on – ability to think strategically but also willing to roll up your sleeves and jump into the weeds as needed
- 10+ years in an advanced operations role implementing analytics and driving operational excellence (preferably in a SaaS org)
- Deep understanding of Saas and Enterprise sales business models with understanding of customer lifecycle measures
- Deep experience with Salesforce and a Customer Success software (i.e Gainsight)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong executive presence - able to present regularly in front of an executive leadership team
- Must have strong interpersonal skills - ability to influence change
- Ability to handle, analyze and track data for complex processes
- Effectively prioritize in complex business structures, thrives when working in a fast pace, high growth organization
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Frequent catered lunch in some offices
Okta at a glance
Okta focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Security, and CRM. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Okta has raised $229.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2015 at a valuation of $1.175B.