Secure identity management
Senior/Group Solutions Product Marketing Manager, Security Solutions(Remote Eligible)
Position Description: Okta’s rapid growth and product innovation have contributed to our leadership position in the market for identity and access management. Today we sell our broad portfolio of solutions to the largest companies in the world, and to optimize for this market we need product marketers who can go beyond point products to identifying overall customer problems and how Okta solves those problems across our product lines.
This solutions product marketing role is highly strategic and cross-functional, focusing on messaging and go-to-market initiatives for the world’s largest organizations, while enabling the field, delivering security thought leadership, collaborating with business development on partnerships, and partnering with corporate marketing to target the right buyers and influencers.
This role focuses on selling to the buyers of our security solutions, and positioning Okta as a foundational technology of a modern security stack to secure all users within the organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand the buyer personas of this go-to-market motion, empathizing with the business and technical challenges facing the CISO, security architect, and security engineering, while testing our value proposition to emerging personas.
- Develop and implement solution messaging and positioning for Okta’s security suite of products that align to those business challenges. Champion solution positioning, strategic technology and channel partner engagement, validate market messaging, and evangelize Okta solutions offerings both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the security and access management market space, products and service offerings, including overall value proposition, features, functionality, competitive landscape and relevant use cases.
- Work alongside the extended product marketing team to understand the identity challenges of the world’s largest organizations, and how all of Okta products come together to solve those problems.
- Deliver key messages that enable our go-to-market teams to execute relevant strategic campaigns and programs.
- Drive campaign and content strategy for security initiatives that result in pipeline for the sales organization.
- Provide “in deal” support to the sales team to help solve customer problems with the broader Okta solutions set.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4-7+ years of product marketing, product management, evangelism or other relevant experience. Experience positioning Zero Trust, CARTA, or SASE a strong plus.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience within large organizations. We’re looking for someone who can navigate technical security challenges and broader business pain points, and align them to a solution.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Ability to drive complex, cross-functional projects without a proven playbook.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Frequent catered lunch in some offices
Okta at a glance
Okta focuses on Enterprise Software, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Security, and CRM. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Chicago. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Okta has raised $229.25M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2015 at a valuation of $1.175B.