Point-of-sale finance and insurance marketplace
Credit Risk Analytics Manager
Apply Here: https://grnh.se/a863022b3
The $21B Powersports market (motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, PWCs, snowmobiles) is all about fast and fun, but the purchasing process is slow and frustrating. Octane enables consumers to live their passion by making powersports purchases instant, seamless, and widely available. Octane launched a credit product, branded as Roadrunner Financial, in 2016 to provide financing to prime and near-prime consumers who have historically been underserved by incumbent banks, expanding coverage to 50% of responsible consumers. Together with our automated underwriting and digital buying experience, Octane and RoadRunner cut the time to close a transaction from hours to minutes.
The market is choosing the Octane solution, as evidenced by ~25% of powersports merchants active on our platform (up 50% Y/Y), annualized origination run rate that is up over 3 X Y/Y. We are both the platform and the lender, which means we have both high growth and positive unit economics—rare for a fintech. We have raised >$100M in equity from IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Citi Ventures, and other leading investors.
We are seeking a credit analytics manager to lead projects related to credit risk analytics and strategy development. You will work closely with senior management to establish credit strategies that profitably grow Octane Lending’s originations. As a manger on the credit team you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to the direction and success of OL’s business and take on a leadership role within a fast-growing core area of our business.
Specifically, you will:
- Bridge the disciplines of data analytics and risk management to formulate evidence-based credit strategies that responsibly grow originations within the organization’s risk management appetite
- Work cross-functionally with OL’s Tech, Product, Sales and Finance teams to lead and manage new product initiatives that further our mission of providing convenient point-of-sale financing to niche consumer products
- Continuously enhance policies and processes to mitigate credit and fraud risk exposure * Requirements
- A BS degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, econometrics, decision sciences, or engineering followed by several years of experience managing credit-related projects (advanced degree preferred)
- Exceptional Excel skills and hands-on experience programming in Python and SQL
- A track record of taking initiative and driving results, and a desire to build, design and transform a young organization
- Experience taking analyses from raw data to polished recommendations and communicating complex, technical findings to broad audiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Apply Here: https://grnh.se/a863022b3
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Up to 5 weeks PTO (self-managed)
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company contribution
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life insurance
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Office snacks, full fridge, and drinks
- Weekly catered Lunches
- Monthly team outings
- Fun company outings like bowling, yoga, cycling, mixology, cooking classes, & more!
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.