ObEN's AI creates complete virtual identities for consumers & celebrities
Lead Technical Artist$60k – $80k • 0.1% – 0.1%
ObEN is an artificial intelligence (AI) company developing Personal AI technology that bridges the physical and digital space, revolutionizing how we interact in the virtual world. ObEN’s products allow users and brands to create intelligent digital personas that can be customized to any person in the world, or any character you can imagine – with looks, voice, and behavior powered by our full-stack AI. We are a Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment. PAIs have been used in projects and collaborations that have reached hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of speech, computer vision, machine learning, NLP, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
ObEN is looking for a motivated and experienced Lead Technical Artist to join its computer vision team. The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated artist who has built complex body and facial rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters. He/she must have a strong understanding of anatomy, muscles, cloth/hair behavior and be comfortable in a scripted environment. Experience with Unity3D game engine and hair/cloth simulation is a plus. The artist must be attuned to the needs of a production pipeline and those of the animators we support.
- Creating and developing high quality character rigs using Maya and proprietary tools.
- Creating and developing high fidelity facial rigs for photo realistic characters.
- Working with modeling and animation artists to create realistic appealing characters.
- Working with Unity3D developers and integrating rigged characters into the production.
- Managing art team and external contractors and projects tracking.
- Developing long-term strategies to automate character production.
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience in film or game development work.
- Solid knowledge of rigging systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
- Solid team and project management skills
- Accessibility and willingness to collaborate is a must.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging
- Self-motivated, highly responsive and flexible
- Team player. Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- MEL and Python programming is a plus
- Maya API C++ programming is a plus
- Unity3D experience is a plus
- Experience with hairs and cloth simulation in Game engine is a plus
- Game engine shader development experience is a plus
Please send the following to email@example.com
Resume/CV or LinkedIn profile
Names and contact information of two references who can speak to your qualifications for this position
Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
ObEN at a glance
ObEN focuses on Mobile, Artificial Intelligence, Speech Recognition, and Virtual Reality. Their company has offices in Pasadena. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, ObEN has raised $7.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2016.