Kitchen Robots for solving everyday eating
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer (DFM/DFA)₹10L – ₹25L • 0.1% – 0.2%
Nymble is a consumer robotics start-up building Robotic Assistants for the Kitchen. These are smart kitchen appliances that will sit on your kitchen shelf and cook complete meals autonomously.
Having run preliminary trials in San Francisco and in India, we are now expanding our team, with financial backing from some of the smartest and boldest entrepreneurs in the global tech ecosystem.
You will be working with the prototype CAD to make it suitable for high-volume production. As a ground breaking product which will define a new category, you will have a challenging role building a complex robotic system with multiple moving mechanisms in a small form factor.
You would be working with varied motion-related, thermal and structural requirements to bring together different sub-systems into one seamless product form. You would be involved in designing product assemblies and complex plastic parts for manufacturing in a space-constrained assembly environment with embedded electronics.
• Design various sub-systems, integrate with electronics and bring them together in an overall product assembly.
• Providing manufacturing input for different plastic parts (living hinges, snap-fits, mechanisms)
• Researching and deciding upon different materials required to achieve performance specifications
• Drive DFMEA, PFMEA and design for manufacturability and assembly
• Plan for and obtain full-functioning prototype samples as appropriate. Obtain and verify that design-intent parts fully comply with all product requirements. Follow up on results from short and long-term testing.
• Use GD&T and follow internal drawing standards to generate appropriately dimensioned drawings with realistic tolerances that assure desired assembly performance using Tolerance Stack Analysis.
• Define and coordinate various prototype releases, including pre-pilot and pilot as required by the project plan.
• Proficiency with varied Plastic and Rubber/Silicone Materials with their applications
• Ideally, 10+ years of experience in Contract Manufacturing in EMC/Consumer Electronics industries.
• Experience with trouble-shooting manufacturing process related issues.
• Experience with all low- and mass-volume plastic manufacturing processes like vacuum casting, soft tooling.
• Familiarity with multi-part plastic assembly