A Service company building the next generation digital platforms
Software Engineer (Front End)$80k – $120k
We're excited to announce that Nuvalence is expanding to Canada and building a new development center in Toronto! With one of our firm's founders being Canadian (a University of Waterloo alumnus), Toronto is going to be a huge part of the Nuvalence growth strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company and play an outsized role in our Toronto expansion.
Everyone wants a career with impact. At Nuvalence, you’ll be helping some of the world's most renowned and ambitious companies build winning cloud platforms.
Nuvalence software engineers are problem solvers. While most have deep expertise in specific areas of the technology stack (front end, back end, data, security etc.), all are comfortable swimming across lanes. This is really important in delivering the product and platform outcomes that our customers expect.
Our engineers are most interested in solving business problems with cutting edge cloud technologies and distributed systems. Let’s face it, most of this stuff is pretty new so “10 years of experience” isn’t really a credible calling card. We’re looking for fearless engineers who love ramping up quickly by getting their hands dirty with sophisticated, cutting edge technology. We want all of our staff to spend as much time directly working with clients as possible so being able to explain and justify technical decisions is also really important. We like the type of engineer that you can pair with a product manager and have them do their thing.
As a Nuvalence software engineer, you will:
- Translate business requirements into technical design and architecture
- Develop prototypes and demos quickly
- Function as part of an agile delivery process
- Work on distributed systems problems ranging from scheduling, resource management, messaging, distributed caching and infrastructure automation
- Solve sophisticated data and analytics problems at scale
- Apply machine learning and AI systems to real-world business problems
- Build world-class user experiences across a range of interfaces
- Create automation systems for testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Design APIs and extensibility models for platform use cases that haven’t yet been imagined
- Teach our clients how to build and deliver commercial software and services at scale
- Strong Experience with React / React Native
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) / unit testing
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Delivery methodologies
- Experience working on complex problems and in a complex codebase
- Knowledge of front end “best practices” around page performance would be great
Across all of our roles, we look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market
- Deeply technical and constantly in a state of learning
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with technology and execution
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes
- Deep understanding and interest in cloud and distributed systems architectures
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity
- Experience leading and growing technical talent (for software engineering managers)
We're a dynamic work environment with great benefits including:
Competitive wages and equity
Flexible vacation and PTO policies (we have a minimum vacation policy in fact!)
Nuvalence at a glance
Nuvalence focuses on Enterprise Software, Cloud Computing, Emerging Markets, and Cloud Infrastructure. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.