Our service makes it easy for anyone to get medication quickly, discreetly, and affordably
Propel Physicians, working with Nurx, is building a core clinical team driven by our mission to empower patients to put the healthcare system back to work for them.
We are looking for Physicians eager to be at the forefront of a new model of care delivery that leverages telemedicine to challenge the status quo in healthcare and achieve outcomes not possible with conventional office-based practice.
What you'll do:
- Provide direct patient care via asynchronous telemedicine - evaluating patient records, making prescribing decisions, and providing medication-related counseling as needed.
- Provide clinical support to the registered nurse team.
- Supervise mid-level clinicians.
- Practice remotely, communicating with colleagues via messaging app and by video conference.
A bit about you:
- Physician in good standing and board-certified with one of the following ABMS specialty boards: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Preventive Medicine, OB/GYN
- A minimum average weekly availability of 20 hours.
- Active licensure in at least one of the following states: FL, IN, IL, OH, PA, TX, NJ, GA
- Willing and eligible to apply for additional licenses.
- No restrictions on your ability to be credentialed with Medicaid or other payers.
- Comfort prescribing both birth control and Truvada/Descovy for PrEP
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in Spanish would be appreciated, but also not required.
You may be the perfect fit if you are:
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients.
- Enthusiastic about providing unparalleled clinical customer care through the delivery of prompt and empathetic care to our patients.
- A natural teacher, able to facilitate a healthy and constructive learning environment for the registered nurse team.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where processes may change quickly and frequently.
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to refine our tools and operations for improved care delivery.
Propel Physicians works with Nurx (nurx.com), an exciting startup based in San Francisco aiming to revolutionize the way basic healthcare services are delivered to patients. Together, we have developed a cutting-edge telemedicine platform that streamlines care for both patients and providers, enabling an accessible and scalable service that has already delighted many thousands of patients and is poised to benefit millions more across the nation.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the innovation and accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Nurx is putting that capability in their hands.
We currently offer the following service lines: birth control (pills, patch, ring, shot, and emergency contraception), STI Testing, HPV Screenings, Truvada/Descovy for PrEP, and Herpes treatment. Patients access the service through our mobile- and desktop-friendly website or our iOS/Android apps - Android app coming soon.
Nurx at a glance
Nurx focuses on Healthcare, Medical, Personal Health, Young Adults, and Telemedicine. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Nurx has raised $93.3M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2019 at a valuation of $300M.