Re-inventing the way healthcare professionals find jobs across the country
Senior Brand Designer
Job Title: Senior Brand Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Level: Mid
Travel: Minimum travel may be required
At NurseFly, we’re on a mission to transform hiring and recruiting in healthcare. We’re a high impact and positive impact business working to efficiently and cost effectively match the right talent to the right jobs in the healthcare sector, and as a result, help reduce healthcare costs and improve patient care.
We’re starting by bringing transparency and increased access to the opaque and offline $17 billion temporary healthcare staffing industry. We empower nurses and other healthcare professionals across the country by giving them unprecedented access to honest, transparent, and real-time information to aid them in their job search. We connect candidates to the highest paying, most relevant travel healthcare jobs in the country and we help enable research around the best places to work.
Our goal is to help healthcare professionals take the headache out of finding a great job, and for healthcare employers, making it easier and faster to find great talent. Through the NurseFly platform, we enable staffing agencies and healthcare employers to more find relevant talent, communicate more efficiently, and make better hiring decisions, ultimately enabling them to serve patients more safely and effectively.
This is an opportunity to be our first ever Brand Designer at NurseFly and work cross functionally with our Design, Marketing, Sales, and HR teams.
NurseFly is small and rapidly growing. The Design team focuses on crafting beautiful experiences loved by healthcare professionals and employers alike. The team is responsible for how the product works, looks, and feels - delivering detailed wireframes, application flows, mockups, and visual assets - as well as assisting other internal teams in achieving their goals, from Marketing and Sales to HR and Business Development.
THE SKILL SET
- A strong eye for design. You’ll be the person the company comes to when they’re looking for visual design polish or advice.
- A strong grasp of the fundamentals. Typography, color theory, spacing, hierarchy - you live and breathe these design fundamentals.
- Branding experience. You have experience in building, evolving, or leading branding efforts across an organization - working closely with Marketing and Product Design to ensure consistency across external and internal assets.
- Storytelling. What is design if not a way to visually tell stories? You’re a master at using vectors and pixels to convey a narrative or provoke a feeling, whether speaking to a healthcare professional skimming through Facebook, or a candidate visiting NurseFly for the first time, or even a recruiter looking to fill a role.
- Master of the tools. A strong mastery of digital design tools. We’re partial to Figma, but also realize that sometimes the right tool for the job is the one you’re most comfortable with.
- Bonus: Illustration experience, motion design, video editing, or photography production experience
- You should have at least five years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL ...
- have conducted a visual audit of the NurseFly brand as it’s being used across our various product offerings and marketing collateral
- have formed a close working relationship with members of the Marketing and Sales team to best understand how the NurseFly brand is used externally
- have gotten up to speed with any existing branding updates in progress
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL …
- have updated some of our collateral - a newsletter here, an email or two there, a sales pitch deck
- have the beginnings of a consistent illustrative or photography style that we can use in products and advertisements
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL …
- have helped us transition to a new visual identity across our product, communications, and marketing channels
- have tested out marketing landing pages to help craft that initial user experience for candidates
- have helped turned the NurseFly blogs into an incredible resource for healthcare professionals and employers alike
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL …
- have transformed NurseFly for the better having crafted a new visual identity supported by a vibrant set of colors, illustrations, photography and tone that make NurseFly as the place that healthcare professionals and employers love
- have helped create a brand that can grow via word of mouth, in addition to the paid avenues of growth
- see healthcare professionals walking around your city with branded swag - scrubs, bags, shirts, and more
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans including HSA and FSA Options
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Access to Corporate Discount Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan
NurseFly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.