A new kind of hedge fund built by a network of data scientists
Fullstack Engineer$120k – $160k • 0.01% – 0.2%
Numerai is a quant hedge fund powered by a network of machine learning models built anonymously on obfuscated data and staked with cryptocurrency.
The master plan
- Monopolize intelligence - create open APIs for monetizing intelligence
- Monopolize data - create open APIs for monetizing data
- Monopolize money - use the intelligence and data to manage all the money in the world
- Decentralize the monopoly - give up control and make it unstoppable
We are a small team of 12 based in San Francisco. Backed by top investors like USV, First Round Capital, Placeholder and Paradigm.
We are a looking for a strong full stack generalist to work at the intersection of web and product development, machine learning and data infrastructure, and finance and blockchain. As a full stack engineer, you will be tasked to work across our entire frontend, backend, data and ML stack. You will own projects through design, development, testing, metrics, observability, and support.
- Design and build a set of metrics and visualizations to help users diagnose and fix common issues with their models.
- Design and build a new message and notifications system that is tightly integrated with the core submission, staking, scoring and payout flow.
- Design and build a new internal data platform to unify and standardize usage across all systems.
- Improve our open source example models, api client libraries, and documentation as we build towards an API-first UX.
- Improve the reliability of our backend services and data pipelines through better testing, monitoring, and alerting.
- Elixir / Golang / Postgres backend
- Python / Airflow data pipelines
- Solidity smart contracts on ethereum
- AWS / Docker
- Ability to consistently ship high-quality and well-tested code
- Strong technical writing (specs, documentation)
- Strong grasp of distributed systems and machine learning
- Experience maintaining mission critical systems in production
- Experience working with large scale datasets
- Experience working in a high performance software engineering team
Meet your team
Numerai at a glance
Numerai focuses on Machine Learning, Hedge Funds, and Blockchain / Cryptocurrency. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Numerai has raised $7.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2016.