The Protein Profiling Company
Data Scientist Lead, Bioinformatics$50k – $80k • 0.1% – 0.2%
We are looking for a Data Scientist in Bioinformatics!
As a Data Scientist at nplex, you will be leading software engineering and data analysis pipeline development for our next-gen proteomics platform. You have at least a basic fundamental understanding of immunology.
You will join a data team that will develop a data analysis pipeline that begins with decoding high-dimensional optical data, and ends with the visualization of proteomic information across thousands of samples run in high-throughput screens. The role will involve substantial software development, the architecting and deployment of internal software tooling, and the development of statistical and stochastic algorithms to better understand cytokine and other protein profiles. You should think of joining us if you enjoy making quantitative sense of complex high-dimensional data AND you have a passion for, and basic understanding of, biology.
Please apply if you’d like to:
● Work on a project with a strong mission – this isn’t marketing flash; we developed our technology to better measure biology and discover markers for early detection of diseases. If we’re successful, we can literally eradicate certain diseases by diagnosing them earlier;
● Develop a cutting-edge technology into a market-ready product, and play a key role in building a next-generation proteomics laboratory from the ground up;
● Work closely with leading scientists to enable the discovery of better molecules faster and cheaper.
What you will be doing:
● Build data analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive knowledge of nplex data, advocating for changes where and when needed to advance product development.
● Research and develop internal software tools to improve the speed and quality of nplex’s R&D.
● Build usable user interfaces that can handle, manipulate and visualize scientific data.
● Interact cross-functionally to help make the presentation of technological data, as well as business decisions (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis), more effective through better visual display of quantitative information.
What we’re looking for:
● Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering) or equivalent practical experience. Background in biology is not required for this position.
● Experience with statistical software languages (e.g. Python, MATLAB, R), modern web development frameworks and data visualization tools, and common database languages
Nice to Haves
● Expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and clustering methods, as well as significant experience with other machine learning and/or deep learning models.
● You enjoy building usable interfaces that handle, manipulate and visualize scientific data.
If you are interested, send us a CV (and any other relevant info) with the subject line “Data Scientist” to: