Provides business bank accounts completely online with instant support from real humans
We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are San Francisco and Toronto-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤ data. As a Data Scientist you’ll work with our world-class Data, Engineer, Growth and Product teams. Our COO has helped build digital products used by companies like Frank And Oak, Supercell, MachineZone, BMO, and Trivago. Oh, and our CEO? 6 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We’re building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
The skills required for this role:
- You love using SQL and Python to answer business questions and analyze data
- You live and breath report automation
- World class data science experience that you can apply to product, operations, and growth marketing
- You're delighted by the idea building the foundational elements of a growing data science practice
- You’re a strong, clear communicator who knows keep the whole team on the same page
- Hands on experience working with tools like Looker and Mixpanel
- Financial services experience or good understanding of banking
- Experience working in a startup environment or for a SaaS company
- Background in management consulting
- PhD or Masters degree
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head-on.
As a Data Scientist you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
We offer full health/dental benefits, competitive compensation/equity, and one hell of an adventure.
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne Business Banking at a glance
NorthOne Business Banking focuses on Financial Services, Banking, Smb Software, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, New York, and Toronto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, NorthOne Business Banking has raised $23.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.