Building a Seamless Society
Tech Lead/Architect (SKAIS)
Would you like to create something truly meaningful and be part of the team that builds groundbreaking systems that enable proactive services? If the answer is yes, then we have a treat for you! We offer you a unique opportunity to jump on board and be part of the development team that builds one of the most business-critical information systems for the Estonian Social Insurance Board. The timing is perfect, as we are just starting to develop the next phase of the SKAIS project!
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead/ hands-on Architect to join our Tallinn team! Together with the team and the client, you will hold an influential role in helping one of our most innovative public sector clients to come up with and develop state-of-the-art solutions. As a team, you will take ownership of the project by striving for success and by taking the responsibility to achieve desired goals.
As a Nortal Senior developer, you are a mix of craftsman, researcher, artist, builder and engineer. You will solve software and business puzzles, figuring out how different systems and information assets interlock with each other, removing silos and finding the best solutions. While exploring and experimenting with new technologies you also understand the importance of proper architectural choices and methodologies. Every team of ours acts as a little ecosystem built to be autonomous - making their own decisions about technology choices and development process, yet not forgetting the bigger picture and teamwork. Thus, in this project you can choose to work with hexagonal architecture, Java 11, Spring, Angular 9 and Angular rxJS, Cypress, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, X-road, etc.
You’re likely to succeed if you:
- have strong experience building Java applications.
- have experience with reactive front-end technologies.
- have experience in building and making architectural decisions in software development projects.
- like challenging yourself and setting the bar high — not only for yourself but also for the team and for your cooperation partners.
- believe that building great software is based on a good partnership between people - within the team, and between the team and client.
- are an open communicator and you know how to make your voice heard, at the same time you take into account the opinions of other people.
- have excellent command in spoken and written Estonian and English.
We offer you:
- interesting, challenging and innovative work.
- great career opportunities with constant improvement, high-quality training to develop your skills and gain new experiences.
- impact within the team and the company.
- an opportunity to grow and learn by being part of Nortal’s active and inspiring developer community with over 200 global advocates.
- opportunity to contribute to decision-making, people in charge are in the next room and the doors are always open.
- people-oriented atmosphere. We strive to create an environment where people can feel comfortable.
Nortal at a glance
Nortal focuses on Information Technology, Consulting, and Software. Their company has offices in Tallinn. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Nortal has raised $34M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.