Real, good food for dogs & cats. Backed by science and made with love
Procurement Associate$40k – $60k
NomNomNow is an exciting, Oakland-based VC-backed startup that cooks and delivers fresh, healthy dog and cat food to customers across the United States. Using a direct-to-consumer subscription and delivery model like Dollar Shave Club, we send customers fresh and healthy pet food each week. Our recipes are designed by one of the country’s leading veterinary nutritionists, and customers are raving about the improvements they’re seeing in their pets’ health and wellness.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Associate to join our operations team and manage the company’s supply of products. The Procurement Associate's main responsibilities is to work with the Procurement Manager to build a scalable procurement process, work with the inventory management team in the facilities, and systematically drive down inventory and procurement costs.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Own the accuracy of our inventory management system. Work directly with multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish this goal.
- Collaborate with members of the operations team to validate execution.
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term improvements on procurement costs
- Work as a member of our operations team to accomplish team goals, whether or not that falls into the specific role of the procurement manager. This means spending a part of your week working out of our manufacturing facilities in addition to our corporate office.
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager and/or working with vendors
- Strong analytical skills using Excel and/or Google Sheets. Experience using BI and/or data visualization tools a plus.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Proven track record of using data to generate actionable insights and drive business results
- Excellent cross-functional project management & communication skills
- Bachelor's degree. Focus in supply chain management, logistics or business administration is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision
- Short and long-term disability and life insurance
- 401k with match
- Commuter benefits
- Open, dog-friendly office in Jack London Square
- Regular team building events
Health, dental & vision
401k with match
Dog friendly office
Team building events
Life & disability
Nom Nom at a glance
Nom Nom focuses on E-Commerce, Food and Beverages, Pets, and Nutrition. Their company has offices in Oakland, Nashville, and Pittsburg. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Nom Nom has raised $13M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018.