Making the search for home ridiculously easy in EMEA
Senior Full-Stack Engineer$60k – $75k • 0.05% – 0.1%
Nomad is making the process of buying, renting, and selling homes in EMEA ridiculously easy. We're providing users with an end-to-end experience for finding a home that includes search, financing, move-ins, and solving all the headaches in-between. In the process, we're collecting better data to build the region's first database of real estate transactions. Ever use Zillow to find out how much your place is worth? OpenDoor to sell your house? The data required for those US businesses doesn't exist in most parts of the world, so we're here to build that.
Our founders met in San Francisco and saw an enormous opportunity to take the best parts of Silicon Valley real estate tech and develop them for EMEA. Helen dropped out of Stanford's MBA program, Dan quit his job as a PM, they moved to Dubai in September, and now we are a team of twelve and have raised $4M in Seed funding from SF-based VCs.
We launched our V1 product in June 2020 and are now dedicated to growing our internal engineering team to scale our marketplace, data infrastructure, and client applications. Since day one, Nomad has been built on large ambitions and A+ talent. We're looking for other talented individuals with a desire to join an early team and help assemble this 🚀
At Nomad You Will
- Be a subject matter expert for defining the next phase of the company's tech stack and engineering strategy.
- Define, architect, and develop the infrastructure and tooling for a pan-regional database of real estate listings and transactions. We're here to create an MLS for the 21st century.
- Ship well-tested, high-performance code that delivers great product experiences for our users, partners, and internal teams.
- Help recruit a rockstar team around you
- Partner with our Operations team to build internal systems and tools to increase the speed, size, and quality of our listings database
What We Look For
- Someone interested in joining an early-stage team to help chart the course of our product, technical architecture, and culture
- 5+ years writing robust, durable, and scalable web applications and backends
- Proven ability to collaborate with, recruit, and mentor other engineers
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate
- Experience leading multiple products/systems throughout their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, and maintenance
- Experience programming in TypeScript, Node.js, and React is a plus
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and tooling such as EC2, S3, and Lambda is a plus
What You Get From Us
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- Gear Stipend - build the setup you need to be comfortable and effective
- Health insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy - work hard and take time off when you need it
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at email@example.com.
Include the role's title in your subject line. Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.