We are building an organization that uses technology to fight social injustice in the world
Chief Technology Officer - CTONo equity
Njiko is an Igbo word meaning “unity”. We are a start-up non-profit that is creating an altruistic platform that facilitates the connection and interaction of groups fighting social injustice. We aim to create a sustainable product that can continue the conversation occasioned by the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis. We are looking for volunteers who want to join us in our fight against Racism, Sexual Violence, Bullying, Domestic Violence, and many more. We are a community of like-minded individuals willing to volunteer our time and talents to this important cause. To get there, we are looking for a CTO who can drive lasting change for our community and everyone living in it.
Please visit our website to learn more and Apply: [www.njiko.org]
To build an organization that uses technology to fight social injustice in the world.
In this position, you will be our hands-on technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth from a tech standpoint and will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan, as well as, manage all information technology resources of our company.
- Work collaboratively with the Founder/President and Njiko’s Senior Management to direct the strategic design, acquisition, implementation, and operational management of all technology infrastructure and capabilities across the organization
- Partner with other senior leaders to direct and support the strategic design, implementation, and operational management of all digital products
- Develop and implement a sustainable technology planning process at Njiko
- Along with the Founder/President and Senior Management team, oversee the operations of all technical facilities and the supporting workflow ongoing maintenance of these facilities
- Establish, communicate, and maintain all technology best practices and standards, including those related to software, hardware, cloud services, data collection/retention, and data privacy management to internal management (including Board of Trustees) as well as to technology community and outside consultants
- Develop standards and practices and oversee business continuity and recovery systems for natural disasters, political uncertainty and any other unforeseen events that could affect operations
- Establish and drive all cybersecurity and technology governance practices, processes, and controls
- Build and maintain the operational tools, resources, and processes needed to provide appropriate availability, scalability, and service levels across all technology services and infrastructure
- Develop and maintain qualified, diverse talent through appropriate hiring, staff development and training, and effective, timely performance feedback
- In partnership with the Founder, implement enterprise-wide procurement practices with significant client/vendors for Technology whether for hardware, software and/or services
- Work collaboratively with other departments across Njiko, and with other constituencies, as appropriate, to ensure a high level of communication, understanding and customer satisfaction for technology projects
- Balance risk against capital and operating expenses while managing the department and capital budgets and equipment grant applications
- Actively participate in the audit process both for technology and for the enterprise
- Additional duties, as assigned
- Someone who can work independently with minimum direction
This is a volunteer job with a maximum commitment of 10 hours a week
Must be able to work effectively in a fully remote environment, so you will need a computer and cell phone, at a minimum, and preferably a complete home-office set up
Must demonstrate Patience, Empathy, and a Collaborative and Communicative attitude always
Who You Are:
- You have deep experience defining cloud strategy for SMBs, mid-market, and Enterprises
- You are an expert infrastructure operator – you have built and run platforms at scale
- You have 7+ years of experience with cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and networking
- You are comfortable preparing and leading client and partner presentations at all levels
- You are passionate about infrastructure, interconnection, and the future of technology
- You are deeply experienced in hardware, security, and open-source software
- You can easily connect with both technical and business stakeholders
- You are a storyteller, with a unique ability to work with colleagues to command a room.
- You take initiative, use creativity, and value collaboration in solving complex problems
- You have a practitioner’s comfort with tools like flutter and you have developed native apps
- You have experience as a Front-End Developer and a Back-End Developer
- You can work with a team with diverse backgrounds and collaborate with our founder to actualize our mission and vision
- You have a passion for this industry and the vision we are working towards
Why Join Us?
Expand your network. You get to work as a part of an innovative, global, and diverse team.
Be part of a movement. We are doing big, much-needed things and dream big about where this all will take us.
Learn and grow. You get to continuously learn and develop your skills. You might join us because of your skills in business development but can contribute to any team’s work if you would like.
Be free. You have the freedom to set the hours you can work every week
Do good. It is a scientific fact that volunteering for a good cause improves your wellbeing.
Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
Team-oriented — communicative, empathetic, and collaborative
Why do you want to volunteer your time, talents, and resources as a member of Njiko? Please answer in Cover Letter section.
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
Pay: $0.00 per hour
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: Remote
Company Website: https://njiko.org/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job classification. They are not to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities of people so assigned.
Njiko’s policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants, volunteers and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability and/or veteran status.
NJIKO at a glance
NJIKO focuses on Nonprofits, Technology, and Sustainability. Their company has offices in Indianapolis. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://njiko.org/