Indian consumer finance venture focusing on financial inclusion
Data Science Intern₹20,000 – ₹20,000
NIRA is looking for pragmatic data scientists to build algorithms that will enable automated credit decision making at scale.
NIRA launched its business a year ago. We've made large strides towards product market fit; we have a clear view of who our customer is, what our proposition is to them, and our positioning in the market. In short, we've laid a solid foundation; now it's time to scale.
You'll work closely with the engineering, underwriting & collections team to achieve these objectives.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Prepare datasets for modeling; get involved in ETL process if required
- Develop contextual domain knowledge around the problem
- Consolidate datasets comprising range of structured and unstructured data
- Build explanatory as well as predictive models to classify borrower loan repayment behavior
- Design reliable tests to measure the efficacy of the models
Skills & Qualifications:
- Has experience working with large real world datasets
- Curious to uncover the story behind the data
- Has a framework to differentiate a good model from the bad
- Experience working with DynamoDB and other noSQL databases is preferred
- Familiarity with NLP techniques and graph analysis is preferred
Some tags to help you find the job: #datascience #fintech #lending #massmiddle #nextbillion #launchpad #techstars #creditrisk
NIRA at a glance
NIRA focuses on Consumer Lending and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, NIRA has raised $3.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.