Indian consumer finance venture focusing on financial inclusion
Senior Data Scientist (3y-7y)₹15L – ₹30L • 0.0% – 0.5%
NIRA is looking for pragmatic data scientists to build algorithms that will enable automated credit decisions for millions of Indians.
NIRA launched its business a year ago. We've made large strides towards product market fit; we have a clear view of who our customer is, what our proposition is to them, and our positioning in the market. In short, we've laid a solid foundation; now it's time to scale.
As our product enters its next phase of growth (1-10x), you would utilise your data science expertise to build effective risk & fraud prediction models.
You'll work closely with the founders, underwriting & collections team to achieve these objectives.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Prepare datasets for modeling; get involved in ETL process if required
- Develop contextual domain knowledge around the problem
- Consolidate datasets comprising range of structured and unstructured data
- Build explanatory as well as predictive models to classify borrower loan repayment behavior
- Design reliable tests to measure the efficacy of the models
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS/BTech degree in Math, Physics, Computer Science or Economics (MS or PhD is certainly a bonus)
- 2+ yrs experience working with large real world datasets, ML models in production environment
- Has a strong framework to differentiate a good model from the bad
- Curious to uncover the story behind the data
- Domain experience in credit and risk is highly preferred
- Experience working with DynamoDB and other noSQL databases is preferred
- Familiarity with NLP techniques and graph analysis is preferred
Some tags to help you find the job: #datascience #phd #ML #AI #fintech #lending #massmiddle #nextbillion #launchpad #techstars #creditrisk #loans
NIRA at a glance
NIRA focuses on Consumer Lending and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, NIRA has raised $3.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.