Indian consumer finance venture focusing on financial inclusion
Sr Credit Risk / Data Scientist (3y-7y)₹15L – ₹30L • 0.0% – 0.5%
NIRA launched its business a year ago. We've made large strides towards product market fit; we have a clear view of who our customer is, what our proposition is to them, and our positioning in the market. In short, we've laid a solid foundation; now it's time to scale.
As our product enters its next phase of growth (1-10x), you would utilise your domain knowledge of credit risk and data science expertise to help us manage our credit risk as the business scales.
You'll work closely with the founders, underwriting & collections team to achieve these objectives.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Identifying and eliminating threats in underwriting criteria on an ongoing basis
• Help with setting up of analytics and reporting to make sure that the key measures are actively monitored
• Research and analyze impact of macro-economic behavior on portfolio performance
• Coordinate with Engineering & Operations team to implement new measures in application processing workflows
Skills & Qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience working within a financial institution or a credit bureau in India
• Experience working on credit policies, using risk and fraud score cards, analysing bureau tradelines for unsecured loans or card portfolios
• Experience or familiarity with end to end life cycle of a retail loan portfolio
• Experience building analytics and reporting solutions is preferred
• Highly analytical, but capable of taking decisions in the absence of complete information
Some tags to help you find the job: #datascience #fintech #lending #massmiddle #nextbillion #launchpad #techstars #creditrisk
NIRA at a glance
NIRA focuses on Consumer Lending and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Bengaluru. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, NIRA has raised $3.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2020.