Building technologies and ideas that move us as the leaders in Augmented Reality
Software Engineer, Fraud Prevention
Are you motivated by keeping products used by hundreds of millions of people safe and secure from abuse? Do you enjoy helping to connect people all over the world on a team securing the next generation of planet scale AR games? We're looking for an analytically minded engineer to help protect our games from cheaters, improving Niantic's forensic data analysis and fraud prevention capabilities as part of our elite game security team. You'll build scalable systems and dataflows for identifying suspicious behavior in the heart of our games, working closely with our machine learning, game server, and data engineering teams to enable and inform our teams to deliver end-to-end solutions to delight players.
- Invent and test new strategies for detecting abuse through forensic analysis of our game data.
- Craft and maintain analysis tools that can process large amounts of production security data.
- Write queries, dataflows, and transformations which extract insights and bring order to complex data sets.
- Setup dashboards and alerts to quantify and monitor abusive activity.
- Translate your findings into concrete steps for the client and server game security teams to integrate into our products.
- Work with groups across the company to report insights and improve our understanding of cheater behavior.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL - you should be able to write complex queries in your sleep and you're excited working hands-on with data.
- Understanding of dataflows, especially the Apache Beam framework.
- Knowledge of at least one major cloud platform; Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Experience with BI, dashboarding, and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope, Grafana) is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with Java as well as a working analysis language such as Python or R.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Niantic at a glance
Niantic focuses on Location Based Services, Development Platforms, Mobile Games, and Augmented Reality. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, London, and Sunnyvale. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Niantic has raised $470M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.