Building technologies and ideas that move us as the leaders in Augmented Reality
Product Manager - AR Developer Platform
Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world through the power of Augmented Reality? We’re looking for a Product Manager to understand developer needs, define a product roadmap and launch an Augmented Reality Developer Platform. This is an excellent role for someone who is deeply technical and has experience with SDKs. You will work alongside product managers, engineers, designers and cross-functional partners throughout the company, and get a broad view of Niantic’s business and products. This role is based out of our Sunnyvale office and you will be expected to spend one day a week in our San Francisco headquarters.
- Drive product roadmap and launch an Augmented Reality Developer Platform.
- Champion the developer through clear product requirements assembled from multiple sources understanding current and future developer needs.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform quick iteration and ultimately the success of the product.
- Work as a horizontal leader to drive collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal and business development teams to build cross-functional consensus.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization, including the executive team.
- Stay current with the AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, distributed systems, networking, graphics, and game engines.
- 4+ years product management experience with 2+ years of experience on software and/or developer platforms.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other technical majors, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Ability to achieve ambitious goals in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating excellent business judgment.
- Experience working on developer-focused SDKs, APIs, services, or toolchains
- You have experience prototyping or programming AR applications.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Niantic at a glance
Niantic focuses on Location Based Services, Development Platforms, Mobile Games, and Augmented Reality. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, London, and Sunnyvale. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Niantic has raised $470M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.