Building technologies and ideas that move us as the leaders in Augmented Reality
Business Development Manager
Niantic's Business Development team seeks robust partnerships for Niantic's unique AR games and apps, which bring real-world engagement to the forefront.
Niantic is seeking a Business Development Manager to work alongside Niantic’s business leaders responsible for licensing deals, corporate development & publishing deals. This role requires an entrepreneurial candidate who learns fast, hustles to execute, collaborates well with various functional teams and can build strong rapport with clients and partners. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, takes initiative and loves our mission of encouraging outdoor exploration. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Identify, analyze and propose potential strategic IP partners for Niantic’s future games.
- Engage in and support our deal negotiations with competitive analysis and modeling.
- Influence our Go-To-Market strategy on the Niantic Real World Platform by negotiating deals with 3rd party developers and communicating market feedback to the Product & Developer Relations teams.
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers, Engineers and Legal team to ensure contracts meet internal needs.
- Identify scaled solutions for internal deal processes that help drive efficiency as Niantic scales.
- JD, MBA or BA/BS with 4-8 years of meaningful work experience.
- Strong communicator and negotiator who can represent Niantic in external party discussions.
- Analytical mind that can structure terms to achieve win-win partnership outcomes.
- An ability to initiate and interpret legal documents while working with attorneys.
- A deep understanding of Niantic's products and the location-based gaming industry.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Niantic at a glance
Niantic focuses on Location Based Services, Development Platforms, Mobile Games, and Augmented Reality. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, London, and Sunnyvale. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Niantic has raised $470M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.