Building technologies and ideas that move us as the leaders in Augmented Reality
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Niantic’s Platform and Pokémon GO Engineering Teams are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to design and build frameworks, libraries/services/tools for the Pokemon Go and other in-house game teams to help speed up game test automation. As an SDET for the Platform or Pokémon GO team, you will be responsible for building in-house automation frameworks, APIs, and tools to solve complex QA problems. You will work closely with Technical PMs, SDETs, QA Engineers, QA Manager, and Developers to deliver best-in-class technology solutions for our mobile game test automation.
- Design, create, and extend automated tests and frameworks for Pokémon GO.
- Build APIs, frameworks, tools for helping the game teams.
- Design and develop platform libraries for game teams to help with Mobile test automation.
- Collaborate with other SDET’s, engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and automated systems meet internal standards.
- Participate in the review of QA and Engineering procedures and provide recommendations for improvements to eliminate redundancies in testing and improve efficiency.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum of five years of meaningful work experience.
- Strong experience in building efficient and scalable C# API/Libraries/Services.
- Strong experience in building Test Automation frameworks using Appium and other open sources test automation tools.
- Experience designing and building test automation tools/systems from scratch.
- Detail-oriented and can always identify critical areas that need focus.
- Ability to think about long-term impact and identify risks.
- Experience working with highly-scalable systems.
- Working experience with Unity/any other game engine is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with C#.
- Game industry experience.
- Passion for mobile gaming and mobile test automation.
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD pipeline and Gradle.
- Experience with C++/Java, scripting bash, Python.
- Proven understanding of QA methodology and tools, demonstrated within an SDET role.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Niantic at a glance
Niantic focuses on Location Based Services, Development Platforms, Mobile Games, and Augmented Reality. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, London, and Sunnyvale. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Niantic has raised $470M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.