Senior DevOps Engineer$100k – $120k
About NextLink Labs
NextLink Labs, with an office in Pittsburgh, PA, is a consulting and technical execution company founded by developers. It was built with the mindset that in order for companies, teams, and products to scale the engineer on those projects must be put in a position to succeed. From our experience, projects that strongly consider an engineer's happiness and productivity are more likely to be on time, more efficient, and scale/age well. Work-life balance is important to us. Taking a vested interest in the growth of our clients is equally important.
We are seeking an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer responsible for designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines in order to deploy and operate software systems. Your primary focus will be the migration from Ad Hoc AWS Cloud configurations and a proprietary CI/CD solution to Infrastructure as Code and a more standard toolset.
- Administer AWS account in the 50-100 server range spread across a handful of applications with multiple environments for each Transition from Ad Hoc AWS to Terraform
- Suggest and Implement proper tooling around monitoring/logging to enhance visibility into production applications
- Create CI/CD pipelines using Ansible for both backend and projects (Django, Python, PHP)
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent (Ansible preferred)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or equivalent)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit-testing and debugging abilities
- Proficient understanding of version control systems (git)
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (remote candidates within the US will also be considered)
NextLink Labs at a glance
NextLink Labs focuses on Consulting, Cyber Security, and Software Engineering. Their company has offices in Pittsburgh. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.nextlinklabs.com/