We are passionate about creating visually impressive, highly engaging games
Server Software Engineer
Are you a server software engineer ready for the next challenge? You already feel that you have the grip on dotnet technologies and want to move to the next level? We are giving you the opportunity to become a true master of Azure and other cloud technologies. Learn and use all the latest technologies with the help of a supporting and loving team!
We are looking for an experienced Server Software Engineer to be part of our Tech Team responsible for our Technology Platform. Together with other skilled members in the team, you will get to work on the platform which enables millions of players around the world to enjoy the games we here at Next Games are creating.
You are curious about what’s new and how things could work, and you have a drive for exceeding your own limits and improving yourself. You are proactive and take pride in building robust and maintainable services.
At Next Games, you get to work on challenging technical tasks and modern cloud technologies. Our team is relatively small, which means that we have very little bureaucracy and that you have the opportunity to take on a wide variety of tasks.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in back-end development
- Experience and interest in cloud technologies (such as Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Great C# programming skills and knowledge of .NET runtime
- Great troubleshooting and communication skills
- Understanding of modern software development practices
- Experience in Live operation and working with customers
- Fluency in English
- Live operation and support for game teams
- Support the existing features and game teams in using Technology Platform
- Development and configuration of the Technology Platform based on the requirements
- Share the knowledge and continuously improve the ways of working
What we value
- Team players
- Attention to detail
- Ability to give and take feedback
- Enthusiasm to take part in designs
- Passion about creating robust server platform for great F2P mobile games
Extensive private healthcare and insurance package
fully paid by Next Games
As a new parent, you will get to take paid time off to spend time with your family.
Stock options available for all full-time employees.
Up to 5 weeks paid annual vacation, including a nice bonus: 50% higher salary during your holiday
Fresh fruits and snacks available at our working cafe + healthy porridge breakfast twice a week. Our fantastic office team pampers us often with hand-made cookies or other little surprises
Transparent and open communication about the company and our strategy. Weekly breakfast updates on what’s up with the company, teams and products, sharing learnings, success and fails
Board games, movies, karaoke, poker, various sports or beer club - pick your liking and join the fun!
Flexible working hours
come and go according to your own rhythm - You can also work from home.
Next Games staff gets a long list of discounts from nearby shops and restaurants
Next Games at a glance
Next Games focuses on Mobile Games. Their company has offices in Finland and Helsinki. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Next Games has raised $6M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2014.