We are passionate about creating visually impressive, highly engaging games
Senior Game Designer, Systems
Next Games is proud to have a history of collaboration with some of the world’s biggest media properties, such as AMC’s The Walking Dead and Netflix’s Stranger Things. The fans of these properties are people young and young at heart, from all walks of life - not just those traditionally seen as 'gamers. At Next Games, we seek to delight and entertain players of all kinds. We do this by creating games that expand the worlds of the most beloved media and entertainment properties of our day.
As a Senior Designer of these games, you will immerse yourself in the source material, learn why fans love these properties, their player motivations & audience profiles and distill that essence into interactions, gameplay systems, and play patterns that those fans can make a part of their free-time routines.
This is what you’ll get to work on:
- Plan and implement game mechanics, systems and content, and use live game metrics and user experience testing to tune these features
- Work with experienced colleagues on economy design, user experience, and other disciplines to improve the performance of the game along several key performance indicators
- Develop and maintain design documentation, including gameplay mechanics, guidelines, UI flows, game loops and player progression
- Work with the Product Owners and experienced colleagues in the product team to define and drive the design of the game: the mechanics, story, missions, and more
- Develop concepts and prototypes, participate in the planning and analysis of tests
Your experience and skills include:
- You have worked on multiple completed game projects, and shipped one or more free-to-play titles in a Design role.
- Passion for games and the ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- Understanding of player motivations and audience profiles and ability to match these with mechanics and systems
- Proven track record of professional game design
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an agile, iterative manner with the game team
- Experience in designing cooperative or competitive social game mechanics in a mobile game is a big plus
- User interface and user experience design experience a plus
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable modelling systems on a spreadsheet
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Extensive private healthcare and insurance package
fully paid by Next Games
As a new parent, you will get to take paid time off to spend time with your family.
Stock options available for all full-time employees.
Up to 5 weeks paid annual vacation, including a nice bonus: 50% higher salary during your holiday
Fresh fruits and snacks available at our working cafe + healthy porridge breakfast twice a week. Our fantastic office team pampers us often with hand-made cookies or other little surprises
Transparent and open communication about the company and our strategy. Weekly breakfast updates on what’s up with the company, teams and products, sharing learnings, success and fails
Board games, movies, karaoke, poker, various sports or beer club - pick your liking and join the fun!
Flexible working hours
come and go according to your own rhythm - You can also work from home.
Next Games staff gets a long list of discounts from nearby shops and restaurants
Next Games at a glance
Next Games focuses on Mobile Games. Their company has offices in Finland and Helsinki. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Next Games has raised $6M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2014.