Connecting patients, doctors, and developers
Senior Full Stack Engineer$130k – $190k • 0.01% – 1.0%
Our healthcare system is mostly analog. When you live in a world of one-tap car rides, meal delivery, and unlimited streaming, you should also be able to connect with your doctors and healthcare stakeholders anytime from anywhere.
We're connecting patients, doctors, and healthcare developers. We've developed an open data layer on top of EHRs that connects patients to doctors through features like two way messaging, online booking, online payments; and developers to doctors and patients through our open API.
Here's some of what we've already accomplished:
- Supporting 10M+ patients and 12K+ providers
- $20M+ in venture funding
- 200%+ annual growth
Working at NexHealth means truly having a positive impact on our healthcare system and our society. You will build products with massive impact touching millions of lives. You will be surrounded by passionate, mission driven colleagues.
We hail from world class companies like Gusto, Patientpop, Zocdoc, Optimizely, and Grubhub. We're backed by Point Nine Capital and product-driven founders like Rahul Vohra, Scott Belsky, and Naval Ravikant.
- love to own projects from end to end, executing on designs involving fellow engineers
- like getting direct feedback from customers so you can improve the work you output
- love working in a fast paced environment and can conform to change quickly and efficiently.
- stay organized and focused under pressure
- want to build a product millions of people use
- want to change the landscape of healthcare
- want to have a say in the company direction and build a culture in a small team
- Build well thought out, well designed frontend user interfaces for our doctors and patients
- Build back-end services and APIs to support new and existing product initiatives
- Revamp existing features to become more integrated with all other features
- Collaborate with other team members to continue to scale our architecture, taking into account the needs of today while remaining flexible enough to evolve for the needs of tomorrow
- Participate in all phases of SDLC - requirements, design, and development through testing, deployment, maintenance and support.
- Create new microservices and help decompose our monolith
- Work on scaling various pieces of infrastructure
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- 4+ years of industry experience building large-scale backend systems and frontend interfaces
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Ability to write high performance production quality code.
- Experience and interest in working with other engineers and cross functional partners in product and design to build a world class online and offline product
- Experience building a public API
- Scaling PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with Sidekiq
- Angular or React framework experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including pairing
- Effectively give and receive feedback, both positive and constructive
Your day will consist of:
- Daily standups to stay in sync for a fast moving team
- Implement solutions through the entirety of the SDLC, including testing, deployment, and operationalization
- Designing solutions to feature requirements as prioritized by Product Management
- Working with customers to solve bugs and issues
- Troubleshooting production issues as they arise and building a more fault-tolerant system
- Reviewing fellow engineer’s code prior to shipping
- Pairing with other team members, embracing a culture of collaboration and mutual respect to solve complex problems
- Create generic solutions to complex problems
-Full medical, dental, and vision
-We love pets!
We're a healthcare company, so we cover 100% medical, vision, and dental :).
We want our first 20 employees to own enough equity so that they can be millionaires when we IPO :).
Free friday catering
We offer free Friday catering
We love pets!
We take the team to an annual retreat every year where we get to chill, bond, and set the company strategy for the next 12 months.
NexHealth at a glance
NexHealth focuses on SaaS, B2B, Software, and Computers. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, NexHealth has raised $20.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2020.