Help us shape the Future: For a better working Life!
(Senior) Software Backend Engineer Ruby on Rails€35k – €55k
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
A challenging task
we are responsible for the development of all XING's E-Recruitment offerings, including our flagship recruitment product the XING Talent Manager or new innovative products, such as the XING Referral Manager. These define the social recruiting market in the German speaking area with high relevance and transparency for the jobseeker.
As a member of our talented team, under Agile Development methodologies, your focus will be the development and maintenance of our web-based Recruiting products.
A convincing background
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software Engineer Backend with expertise in modern web technologies across the whole stack:
- 3-5 years developing web applications
- +3 years of experience with Ruby, supporting an entire stack built with Ruby on Rails Or any other server side web technology (NodeJS, Python, PHP, Java, etc)
- Experience writing automated tests (unit, integration, E2E, TDD)
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 and SASS
- Proficient with Git
- Familiar with agile methodologies and enjoys working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts
- Constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change
- Team spirit and willingness to share knowledge with other colleagues.
- Fluent in English
It will be a plus if you have:
- Willingness to go Full Stack
- Experience building web APIs (RESTful, GraphQL)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Confident with Linux terminal, bash scripting, automation
- Contributor to open source projects
An inspiring environment
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Innovation weeks
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Flexible compensation plan, if you wish to diversify and increase your net salary.
- Spanish / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- 26 + 4 working days of holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 18 million users.
- Relocation pack if needed We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing ) and we also organise public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/newwork_es
Our interview process consists of the following:
- First HR call (30 mins) An introductory call about the position, interview process and basic questions about yourself.
- Technical call (45') An introductory conversation with one of our engineers.
- Coding challenge (~8 hrs) Decide when and where you want to work on it, no fixed time limits. You'll receive feedback from our engineers.
- Technical pair session (2 hrs) Go over the coding challenge with 2 of our engineers and extend it together. No whiteboard exercises or obscure brain teasers, we promise!
- HR and team leads session (1 hr) You'll meet representatives from HR and some of the potential team leads you'll be working with.
- Meet the team! Casual session to get to know each other.