The First B2B Expert Search Engine
Senior QA Manager$150k – $200k • 0.0% – 0.1%
NewtonX is building the world's first B2B Knowledge Access Platform. We connect our Fortune 500 clients to subject matter experts with highly specific and hard-to-find knowledge, across all industries. Our mission is to empower people to work smarter and make decisions with confidence, and we're leveraging automation and modern technologies to do it. Our core technologies include a global knowledge network with over 1.4 billion professionals, sophisticated automated outreach platforms, our AI-driven expert search engine, and a robust client support system.
We are looking for a strong, detail-oriented Senior QA Manager to ensure rock-solid reliability of our complex platforms for our enterprise clients. This individual should have strong experience and breadth in testing large scale applications, and a desire to join a small but fast growing team (<50) to get in early and influence our technology, architecture, and infrastructure.
- Smart Problem Solving
- Talent and Curiosity
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Develop an organization-wide testing strategy that encompasses all important testing types and fits into agile engineering practices and current tools.
- Hire, grow, and manage a QA team that spans several business units
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Develop strong manual and automation test strategies that fit into our CI/CD pipelines.
- Administer and maintain all automation scripts, reviewing all product changes across different business units and coordinate with developers to provide efficient feedback
- Partner with manual test team to automate all manual test cases.
- Continuously improve functional testing, regression testing, and performance testing
- Review system requirements and set and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Minimum 4 years of proven work experience in software quality assurance, and 1+ year of management.
- Experience load and stress testing high volume systems
- Familiarity with modern CI systems and modern automated testing tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Nice to have:
- CI/CD automation experience (Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
- Security testing experience is a major plus
- Understanding of authentication mechanisms such as OAuth
- White box testing, Penetration testing, and/or SQL injection attack testing
- Experience with Apache Lucene based search technologies like ElasticSearch and SOLR
If the profile above describes you and your passions, we'd love to hear from you!
NewtonX at a glance
NewtonX focuses on B2B, Marketplaces, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, NewtonX has raised $15M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.