The First B2B Expert Search Engine
Senior Backend Engineer$150k – $200k • 0.0% – 0.1%
NewtonX is building the world's first B2B Knowledge Access Platform. We connect our Fortune 500 clients to subject matter experts with highly specific and hard-to-find knowledge, across all industries. Our mission is to empower people to work smarter and make decisions with confidence, and we're leveraging automation and modern technologies to do it. Our core technologies include a global knowledge network with over 1.1 billion professionals, sophisticated automated outreach platforms, our AI-driven expert search engine, and a robust client support system.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you will help us build the next-generation NewtonX platform alongside a dedicated team. You will join them in designing and developing fault tolerant modular systems utilizing sophisticated APIs, large-scale queuing and streaming systems, data processing pipelines, and more.
Our team is smart, visionary, supportive and, above all, excited by what we do! We are looking for strong, inquisitive engineers with clever solutions, with a desire to join a small but fast growing team (<50) to get in early and help shape the direction of our technology.
- Smart Problem Solving
- Talent and Curiosity
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Develop production-grade software that is modular, reusable, scalable, and highly functioning
- Build horizontally scalable software involving topics such as: RESTful APIs; Performant background jobs that consume queues
- Collaborate with other technology team members on solution design and code review
- Select new technologies/languages/tools/frameworks
- Perform debugging, tech debt resolution, and continuous code quality improvement
- Use test driven development (TDD) and maintain test coverage
- Introduce engineering process improvements and tools (depending on seniority level)
- Mentoring/pair programming/leadership (depending on seniority level) Strong ownership of projects from inception to production
- 4 years MIN experience as a software engineer
- Strong Python experience across multiple projects (Tech stack: Python, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery)
- Hands-on experience developing several Web applications, including REST APIs
- Experience building asynchronous job processing applications involving RabbitMQ/Celery
- Strong SQL experience with any common relational database
- Experience implementing standard authentication systems (e.g. OAuth using OAuthLib or similar Python libraries), with a firm understanding of how authentication and authorization works in modern web applications
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum teams
- Regularly practice test driven development (TDD) with unit and integration tests using frameworks like Pytest, UnitTest, MagicMock, etc.
- Be extremely comfortable working with version control and branching (e.g. Git)
- Comfortable working with horizontally scalable systems (e.g. Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, EC2 behind a load balancer)
- Comfortable working with load testing applications (e.g. K6, Jmeter, Artillery)
- Bachelor's degree or greater in relevant field of study
Nice to have:
- Kubernetes/Helm, Docker, Redis, RabbitMQ or other major queueing systems (Kafka/PubSub/SQS), Jenkins, Agile development using Jira
If the profile above describes you and your passions, we'd love to hear from you!
NewtonX at a glance
NewtonX focuses on B2B, Marketplaces, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in New York City. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, NewtonX has raised $15M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.